Daniel van buyten question??

Bodicoteblue said:
As I remember , I think we could have had him for about 1.3 mill !
Do I remember right , he limped off against Leeds and David Sommeil replaced him and presented the ball to Alan smith for the winner?

Pretty sure that Sommeil didn't replace him in that Leeds game as he'd gone out on loan at the same time van Buyten came in. In fact, it might have even been a loan swap involving both players between us and Marseille.

Edit - just checked and it was indeed a loan swap with van Buyten coming to us and Sommeil going to Marseille. I actually rated Sommeil more than many of our fans but van Buyten was a different class altogether.

SuperYaya said:
Didn't he have a great game against United? I vaguely remember someone coming in and keeping van Horseface in his pocket, have a feeling it was him.
Yes it was him he raped horseface.

Whitworth Park said:
Cheesy said:
Whitworth Park said:
The guy was class, unfortunately got injured, as I remember it would have cost us 4 Mil to buy him, we had a total lack of direction, no interest, and no money so we passed it up.
Can you imagine, instead of lard arse Dunne.

Fucking hate it when City(?) fans slag off Dunney. He gave everything for the cause & was our player of the year for several seasons. He wasn't awarded those accolades because he was a nice bloke but because he was a bloody good player for us.

Fuckin hate hate it when people question your who you are just because they don't agree with you ? who the fuck are are you to put a question mark after my comments,
I never voted for him. Just because his name rhymed with" He's here he's there", he got cult status. If his name a Kriznekosky or the like he would never have had the song.
He couldn't jump and does he still not hold the premiership OG record.
He was one of the Booze Culture problems we had at City, not a very good roll model for younger players.

Actually Dunnie wasa rolemodel because he sorted himself out and then went on to be our player of the season for 4 seasons. That my friend is the sign of a good man, a man who learns from his mistakes and just quietly gets on with his life.

Richard Dunne will always be a City legend as far as I am concerned. ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE.

Eccles Blue said:
Whitworth Park said:
Cheesy said:
Fucking hate it when City(?) fans slag off Dunney. He gave everything for the cause & was our player of the year for several seasons. He wasn't awarded those accolades because he was a nice bloke but because he was a bloody good player for us.

Fuckin hate hate it when people question your who you are just because they don't agree with you ? who the fuck are are you to put a question mark after my comments,
I never voted for him. Just because his name rhymed with" He's here he's there", he got cult status. If his name a Kriznekosky or the like he would never have had the song.
He was one of the Booze Culture problems we had at City, not a very good roll model for younger players.

Actually Dunnie wasa rolemodel because he sorted himself out and then went on to be our player of the season for 4 seasons. That my friend is the sign of a good man, a man who learns from his mistakes and just quietly gets on with his life.

Richard Dunne will always be a City legend as far as I am concerned. ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE.
Class ... couldnt agree more!

You are probably right M18CTID but I'm pretty sure I remember Sommeil miss- kicking against Leeds and them scoring as a result. Perhaps someone who hasn't destroyed so many brain cells as I have can remember which game it was

Bodicoteblue said:
You are probably right M18CTID but I'm pretty sure I remember Sommeil miss- kicking against Leeds and them scoring as a result. Perhaps someone who hasn't destroyed so many brain cells as I have can remember which game it was

Think it was the home game a few months earlier mate

Whitworth Park said:
Cheesy said:
Whitworth Park said:
The guy was class, unfortunately got injured, as I remember it would have cost us 4 Mil to buy him, we had a total lack of direction, no interest, and no money so we passed it up.

1. I just can't understand any City from that time slagging off someone who was our best player for years & who ALWAYS gave his best.

2. The own goals stat is indicative of him throwing himself in to try to prevent goals.

3. He quit the drinking then went on to be a great player for us. A fine role model if you ask me.

4. He could jump. Just not very high.

5. His name does not rhyme with "He's here, he's there".

Eccles Blue said:
Whitworth Park said:
Cheesy said:

Perfectly entitled to you opinion, but what's all this ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE.
If I disagree with you I am not a Blue or a lesser Blue.
As I said I never voted for him and I don,t know anyone who did but who was he up against ? we were a pile of shit.
But you go to sleep now on your Dunny Pillow.

Whitworth Park said:
Cheesy said:
Whitworth Park said:

Richard Dunne and "He's here, he's there"? You don't need to be Shakespeare to know that doesn't rhyme.

And besides, we loved Richard Dunne because he WAS "every-fucking-where". The man will be remembered very fondly as someone who improved massively while he was at our club, and his loyalty was an oasis in a desert. A desert of shit. You fully well know that he is a club hero, so taking the thread off-track to say something controversial is very childish and reeks of attention-seeking. Keep it to yourself next time, yeah?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.