Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
semedo is one of the best rb talents around and probably better than maffeo especially attacking wise, danilo is not a very good player, I want whats best for the team in my eyes the only fullback i would have wanted that could block maffeo's path was semedo, but with anyone else, especially fucking danilo blocking him i have a problem Because i still rate maffeo really highly.

Danilo's been at Real Madrid for the past few seasons and had Juve and Chelsea sniffing around this summer, Maffeo is a kid that played in the Spanish second division last season. You say you want what is best for the team, well unless you're suggesting Maffeo is currently better than Danilo, Danilo is best for the team is he not? There's no room for sentiment or for kids that are not ready, we've spent years preparing for Pep to come here and win us everything, we're not about to sacrifice that by weakening the team putting in kids that aren't currently good enough.

I don't see much point in this too. Should just give maffeo a chance and put the money towards a centre back.
We are going for 4 trophys, our owners have insisted we win the Champions League, Maffeo is a decent prospect....nothing more...He is simply not at Champions League level yet.

Makes you laugh out how fucking slow this Mendy deal is taking..
Think that's down to Monaco, not us. They're probably unsure which guys to sell and which to keep. Already lost Bernardo and Bakayoko, with intense speculation over Mendy, Lemar, Mbappe, Fabinho etc. I doubt all of them will leave.

Not sure why people seem to rate Maffeo so highly, is it just because he's one of our kids? I like him, but he's not "special" that I can tell. Above average defensively for someone his age, but small and not particularly quick for a fullback and nothing special going forwards from what I've seen. Still got a long way to go to be ready to genuinely contribute for us. He looks to have the right mentality to get there, but people seem to be acting like he's Cafu reborn

I don't see the point in this.

He and Walker are close in age but Walker is proven in this league as arguably the best right back in the country. He is definitely the first pick. Danillo would have to sit on the bench and bide his time in a new country with different styles. That doesn't sound logical.

In addition......why can't Pep give Maffeo the chance to back up Walker? I am disappointed by his approach to our youth as in his interviews he comes across as dismissive and the way he is shaping the squad it looks unlikely we'll see them feature. Maffeo was excellent in the derby he played and these young talents will be hungry to learn and take their chances. It will be hard to defend Pep if this season doesn't go well as he's showing signs of a chequebook manager.
Every manager at a big club is a "cheque" book manager in the modern game! Leicester winning the league is a once in a lifetime achievement. At the end of the day if the youth players are good enough and ready they will play, if not we have to spend money.

danilo-real-madrid-stats-ps_iuq87axo7zhk1vq8g8bv62cfx.png

His defensive numbers worry me, but then again, Pep wants his fullbacks to almost play as wingers anyway.

Our defensive midfielder (do we have an out and out one?) and our two centre halves are going to be busy this season... Three at the back?

I don't see the point in this.

He and Walker are close in age but Walker is proven in this league as arguably the best right back in the country. He is definitely the first pick. Danillo would have to sit on the bench and bide his time in a new country with different styles. That doesn't sound logical.

In addition......why can't Pep give Maffeo the chance to back up Walker? I am disappointed by his approach to our youth as in his interviews he comes across as dismissive and the way he is shaping the squad it looks unlikely we'll see them feature. Maffeo was excellent in the derby he played and these young talents will be hungry to learn and take their chances. It will be hard to defend Pep if this season doesn't go well as he's showing signs of a chequebook manager.
Clearly he is not good enough to keep anyone out of the team yet,maybe never

Danilo's been at Real Madrid for the past few seasons and had Juve and Chelsea sniffing around this summer, Maffeo is a kid that played in the Spanish second division last season. You say you want what is best for the team, well unless you're suggesting Maffeo is currently better than Danilo, Danilo is best for the team is he not? There's no room for sentiment or for kids that are not ready, we've spent years preparing for Pep to come here and win us everything, we're not about to sacrifice that by weakening the team putting in kids that aren't currently good enough.

Kids are NEVER ready.

If Maffeo is considered not good enough, then that's.Pep's decision.

But no kid will ever come.through at any club anywhere unless.someone allows.them the opportunity to learn, by getting them on the pitch.

Maffeo was ready for that stage two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.