Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a case of not dropping quality then a young kid will not be the same quality as the older experienced players,i doubt we are going to fall into the same trap of having to replace 4 fullbacks at once so after a period of first team football he might come back older and wiser,whilst i like the kids to get their chances they have to have transitioned from kids to adult football first some where its not the high pressure we have on us
Yes, sorry I seem to have confused myself, thought you were talking about Danilo not Maffeo. I agree very few exceptional players might jump from academy to first team the rest will need to develop with good game time elsewhere and Girona now they are in La Liga is as good a place as any.

Yes, sorry I seem to have confused myself, thought you were talking about Danilo not Maffeo. I agree very few exceptional players might jump from academy to first team the rest will need to develop with good game time elsewhere and Girona now they are in La Liga is as good a place as any.
Probably my fault lol

Bit confused here not been on for afew hours. Thought danilo was a RB? Can he play lb? We just signed walker!

I have a real dilemma.

Should I take your opinion to be more valuable than that of Pep's and the rest of the City management?

What do you think?
By your logic no fan should express their opinion on transfers because we all need to blindly trust the management.

They were still one of the best teams in the world, but fine - use Thiago who came through into what's often touted as the best club side in history.

2009 makes his debut, is he better than Xavi or Iniesta? Fuck no.

2010/11, plays 17 times, is he better than Xavi or Iniesta? Nope.

2011/12 plays 45 times, is he better than Xavi or Iniesta? Nope, but he's getting pretty bloody good.
Did he have to move on because he could displace Iniesta and Xavi, like many other Barcelona youth players, yes he did.

They were still one of the best teams in the world, but fine - use Thiago who came through into what's often touted as the best club side in history.

2009 makes his debut, is he better than Xavi or Iniesta? Fuck no.

2010/11, plays 17 times, is he better than Xavi or Iniesta? Nope.

2011/12 plays 45 times, is he better than Xavi or Iniesta? Nope, but he's getting pretty bloody good.

It swings both ways, the same argument can be used that they were so dominant they had nothing to lose throwing a kid in. At the moment we're are in between both of those positions. Not dominant enough to give a kid a chance and not weak enough to give a kid a chance.

One of the reasons I wanted us to significantly strengthen this summer is because it is easier to integrate kids into a winning side. Last season we were scraping through games and you can't throw inexperienced kids into that environment. However, hopefully we get a few 3 or 4-0 leads this season and then it's easier to give players like Roberts and Tosin a chance to impress.

Bit confused here not been on for afew hours. Thought danilo was a RB? Can he play lb? We just signed walker!
Yes and last year we rotated Zabba/Sagna. This year Walker/Danilo. Walker alone won't cut it for all the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.