Danny Baker

someone in his situation, who makes money from writing one liners about current topics,
That's the point though he isn't, he makes his money getting people to ring in to his radio show to tell funny stories, steering well away from anything topical, brown or red sauce is about as controversial as he normally gets. As I said I know why it was wrong, I know why he was sacked, but their was nothing intentional about it just non thinking it through.

Danny like his mates Evans, Ross and Brand will easily continue his career ( he's currently doing a one-man theatre tour) and bounce back (cancer permitting ).
Like many I think that his tweet was the epitome of crass stupidity but would hotly dispute that he is a racist.
I've followed his career as a journalist and a broadcaster for about 40 years and can honestly say that he's treated black and white colleagues equally to the best of my knowledge. His interviews with such as Michael Jackson, Nile Rodgers and Maurice White were terrific and could not have been conducted by a racist.
Hope that he learns to re-evaluate his humour in future as not everyone shares his wacky view of the world.

I genuinely had no idea she was pregnant, however due the fucktards i work with I knew she'd dropped as they were all showing each other pictures of the little fucker. Didn't know there were so many Royalists in Manchester I kind of thought they were all Right wingers.....

Just to set the record straight, mate, some of us paid-up right wingers are non-royalist, strongly pro-environment and highly supportive of the climate change campaign. I accept I’m not typical but we certainly don’t all subscribe to orthodox policies and are not beyond making selective protest votes. I’m sure that’s the same for some of you guys on the other side of the fence.

Hand on my heart, I didn't know which royal had given birth last week. I don't even know if it was last week even after all this shit show. Not too sure if Danny Baker wouldn't know if he's broadcasting on the BBC.

Been hearing on the news that a complaint has been made to the police.

While I do think the police have enough to be doing, already... I wonder if it was Harry who made the complaint?

Danny like his mates Evans, Ross and Brand will easily continue his career ( he's currently doing a one-man theatre tour) and bounce back (cancer permitting ).
Like many I think that his tweet was the epitome of crass stupidity but would hotly dispute that he is a racist.
I've followed his career as a journalist and a broadcaster for about 40 years and can honestly say that he's treated black and white colleagues equally to the best of my knowledge. His interviews with such as Michael Jackson, Nile Rodgers and Maurice White were terrific and could not have been conducted by a racist.
Hope that he learns to re-evaluate his humour in future as not everyone shares his wacky view of the world.
I can understand how that picture can be posted by someone who isn’t a racist without them thinking it’s racist.

If one doesn’t immediately connect a monkey with a black/mixed race child, that’s not especially a bad thing.

Having said that, he should have known better. I’ll say again that I don’t, for one second, think that he was inferring anything racist with his post. I also don’t blame his employer for sacking him as they always have to when there’s a twitter lynching.

Been hearing on the news that a complaint has been made to the police.

While I do think the police have enough to be doing, already... I wonder if it was Harry who made the complaint?
Why would you spend time wondering that? I put the probably at somewhere below 0.01%.

It will be some busy cûnt. There’s plenty of them about.

I can understand how that picture can be posted by someone who isn’t a racist without them thinking it’s racist.

If one doesn’t immediately connect a monkey with a black/mixed race child, that’s not especially a bad thing.

Having said that, he should have known better. I’ll say again that I don’t, for one second, think that he was inferring anything racist with his post. I also don’t blame his employer for sacking him as they always have to when there’s a twitter lynching.
I think its the other way round, he probably does understand the link between a monkey and its racist connotations, I think we all do. I think he saw them as a royal couple and posted it without thinking of or being particularly aware of her heritage when he posted it. Again When I heard the news of his sacking the first thing I thought was why has he been sacked for poking fun at a royal couple before I made the link to her background and the implications.
Is it a bad thing to think of her as a royal or an actress before her race , I think thats a good thing. His mistake was posting before thinking it through, for which they had no choice but to sack him, I think he realises that now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.