Danny Baker

According to the Daily Fail, he said he didn’t know which princess had given birth this week.

See, for someone such as myself who has nothing at all against Danny Baker, prior to this 'mistake' I find that difficult to believe.

The guy has been writing 'comedy' about media related stuff all his life. Suddenly he goes through the week in a bubble ?

See, for someone such as myself who has nothing at all against Danny Baker, prior to this 'mistake' I find that difficult to believe.

The guy has been writing 'comedy' about media related stuff all his life. Suddenly he goes through the week in a bubble ?
More than a week. She announced she was pregnant what, six months ago?

If you allow for him having zero interest in the royals, as I do, someone in his situation, who makes money from writing one liners about current topics, has failed to notice who is giving birth, well I find that excuse disappointing tbh.

I'd prefer to believe him, but if he's said that, it stretches it for me.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Drink drive and you get a slap on the wrist, where as a misguided tweet posted for a few minutes and it costs you your livelihood.
If you believe actions like this help rid the world of racism, your just as ignorant as any scumbag racist.

I'm having difficulty with this, is this "left intolerance", constructed by rightwingers in order to justify their own bigotry, or the establishment rounding on Mr everyman for a simple joke gone wrong?

Meanwhile, in other news, an 82-year-old woman killed herself after an "administrative error" by the Department for Work and Pensions led to her pension being frozen.

Last edited:
Yeah; right.
I was driving down for the game my son said why am I getting breaking news a baby has been born, I asked who, he said the Duke of Sussex. Who’s he I said , no idea was his reply so. It was only later I realised it was Harry even then I have to think about who’s married to who, and then think again about their family backgrounds . As soon as story about the royal family or any other celebrity couple pops up I switch off, couldn’t care less so yes it’s possible.

I was driving down for the game my son said why am I getting breaking news a baby has been born, I asked who, he said the Duke of Sussex. Who’s he I said , no idea was his reply so. It was only later I realised it was Harry even then I have to think about who’s married to who, and then think again about their family backgrounds . As soon as story about the royal family or any other celebrity couple pops up I switch off, couldn’t care less so yes it’s possible.
When you (not "you" in particular, "you" in the general meaning of the word) constantly pass comments on stories that are in the news, and are paid to do so, no; not really. It's not a credible excuse.

When you (not "you" in particular, "you" in the general meaning of the word) constantly pass comments on stories that are in the news, and are paid to do so, no; not really. It's not a credible excuse.
No it’s not I agree, then Danny Baker isn’t paid to either and that’s probably his biggest mistake posting on items in the news without thinking it through. Any public figure should think twice about joking about things in the news without thinking and checking., especially on social media.
My argument isn't that what he posted was in anyway right,or that he wasn’t irresponsible. Its that without knowing him, when he says he didn’t even know which royal couple had had the baby you can’t dismiss it because I didn't either but I don’t do twitter or facebook.
I can judge the tweet and his sacking it isn’t enough evidence to judge the person.

I genuinely had no idea she was pregnant, however due the fucktards i work with I knew she'd dropped as they were all showing each other pictures of the little fucker. Didn't know there were so many Royalists in Manchester I kind of thought they were all Right wingers.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.