Danny Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be absolutely honest about all this, if we sign Kane or Haaland, we still need a competent back for when they are injured. If we get Kane, we're likely to need a decent backup for part of each season.

Let's be honest over the years, the Southampton scouts have a record of picking out some pretty decent players - Mane, Bale, Shaw, Van Dijk are some of the best. I am not saying Ings is at that level, but what I am saying is that the same scouts took a player who'd been injured a lot and sidelined at Liverpool and made him into a decent player. He's done VERY well to rescue his career in my opinion.

He's got 41 goals in 97 games for Southampton. They aren't a great team, but that is a superb ratio. He's not world class, but he's very good. He won't be our first choice in a CL final, but when you want to rest Kane against teams, this lad won't let us down.

Let's be absolutely honest about all this, if we sign Kane or Haaland, we still need a competent back for when they are injured. If we get Kane, we're likely to need a decent backup for part of each season.

Let's be honest over the years, the Southampton scouts have a record of picking out some pretty decent players - Mane, Bale, Shaw, Van Dijk are some of the best. I am not saying Ings is at that level, but what I am saying is that the same scouts took a player who'd been injured a lot and sidelined at Liverpool and made him into a decent player. He's done VERY well to rescue his career in my opinion.

He's got 41 goals in 97 games for Southampton. They aren't a great team, but that is a superb ratio. He's not world class, but he's very good. He won't be our first choice in a CL final, but when you want to rest Kane against teams, this lad won't let us down.
We don’t need to sign a backup. Ferran is there, we played most parts of this season without a striker and then delap can be last resort. I didn’t even mention Jesus because I assume he might be leaving but there is still a huge possibility he goes nowhere

We don’t need to sign a backup. Ferran is there, we played most parts of this season without a striker and then delap can be last resort. I didn’t even mention Jesus because I assume he might be leaving but there is still a huge possibility he goes nowhere
I think that's a fair point, however I would be very surprised if Jesus or Torres would get a similar goals ratio at Southampton.

I'm not saying either Jesus or Torres are "bad" players, but Jesus plays better as a wide left forward for me. I also like his physicality but I just don't think he's a good enough as a centre forward and his habit of getting caught offside infuriates me! Torres is still a couple of years off for me, but I do think he has the potential to be very, very good.

As I said, I'm not saying Ings is a world beater but I think he would be a better centre forward than Jesus or Torres this season.

Actually a good post this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.