Danny Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might be boring to watch but suggesting Brazil are very average is a rather disingenuous point.
Is it? you watched them recently? They are poor, without doubt the poorest Brazilian team I have ever seen, a shadow of the once great teams and players.

Is it? you watched them recently? They are poor, without doubt the poorest Brazilian team I have ever seen, a shadow of the once great teams and players.
So?

They aren't a very average by current international standards. That would imply that there are a lot of teams currently better than Brazil, and I don't think that's the case.

So?

They aren't a very average by current international standards. That would imply that there are a lot of teams currently better than Brazil, and I don't think that's the case.
True but current international standards are the lowest they have ever been.

City would hammer this Brazilian side and all International sides for that matter.

And the same applies to all the top Premier sides, International football is no longer the best.

It is interesting how so many dismiss the idea of Ings being of any interest at all to the club. When, judging by what is available in the media and public domain, there is actually more out there to suggest links with him than there is for Kane. And Haaland for that matter.

Not that I am arguing that means we would get him over the other two, or are even looking at him that much. More that we are being selective with interpretation, latching onto some claims, but dismissing other similar slightly stronger claims that might even make a bit of sense.

When, judging by what is available in the media and public domain, there is actually more out there to suggest links with him than there is for Kane. And Haaland for that matter.
Any chance you could elaborate on this? I've seen A LOT of Kane to City discussion out there.

It is interesting how so many dismiss the idea of Ings being of any interest at all to the club. When, judging by what is available in the media and public domain, there is actually more out there to suggest links with him than there is for Kane. And Haaland for that matter.

Not that I am arguing that means we would get him over the other two, or are even looking at him that much. More that we are being selective with interpretation, latching onto some claims, but dismissing other similar slightly stronger claims that might even make a bit of sense.
Also interesting that you’re against very very good players yet have such a cool minded opinion when it comes to Ings. Or is that just because of how much you don’t want Kane? There’s certainly more Kane to city stories than Ings but as you don’t want Kane you’re starting your own narrative. If we replaced our greatest striker ever with fucking Ings then I can’t imagine many would be happy, other than you, as it’s anyone but Kane.

Any chance you could elaborate on this? I've seen A LOT of Kane to City discussion out there.

Depends on what you mean by a lot, but there has been a lot on Ings too, and earlier than Kane. By the same people in the media. My point is more about reactions than listing comparisons though.

When the links with Ings started, we instantly dismissed them. No way are we replacing Sergio with a 28 year old. It is just his agent looking for a better deal. Scores a lot but not the profile. etc etc.

Kane is also 28. Ok in a few days for the technicality lot, but 28 when he signs and plays for us.

The links with Kane really started when his interview was released, and that was recieved as anywhere between 'this has been done for some time' and 'he must at least have some encouragement from us to say that publicly'.

Ings offically turns down a 4 year improved contract offer from Southampton. But that can't he must have had some encouragement from somehere to do that, with us being the club most strongly linked club.

The club hasn't denied the links to Kane (we most often don't anyway). So that must mean we Are in for him. The club hasn't denied the links to Ings either. means nothing. Means nothing in both cases for me fwiw.

We readily believe that we would pay over double our transfer record, just like that, for a very very good player that scores lots of goals in the league. But wouldn't pay some 25-30m for a very good player that scores lots of goals im the league, of the same age. Who happens to be easier to get with only a year left on his contract and at a club known for selling more readily.

Again, for clarity, not that i believe we wre in for ings, or in for ings over Kane, and i certainly would've want Ings over kane. I just think we are very selective with what is out there to suit the players we fancy. Myself included at times, although I do try at least notice the parity.

Also interesting that you’re against very very good players yet have such a cool minded opinion when it comes to Ings. Or is that just because of how much you don’t want Kane? There’s certainly more Kane to city stories than Ings but as you don’t want Kane you’re starting your own narrative. If we replaced our greatest striker ever with fucking Ings then I can’t imagine many would be happy, other than you, as it’s anyone but Kane.

Wind your neck in kane-boy. Not everything is about defending harry's honour, stop obsessing over what I think or don't think of one player, and sliding in every time I say something remotely mentioning him.

My point had absolutely nothing to do with 'not wanting kane' nor did it even suggest that. It was about the links for ings. In the fucking Ings thread. Above more on that, if you can separate youd own obsession for Kane from an otherwise simple point. And stop being so patronising while you are at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.