Darren Bent £18m to Villa

Will be a good signing for villa this but where all of a sudden have villa got this kind of money and isn't one of the reasons martin o'neill left because he was told they had no dosh.
Could be pissing up the wrong wall but are villa about to lose ashley young.

blue12 said:
Will be a good signing for villa this but where all of a sudden have villa got this kind of money and isn't one of the reasons martin o'neill left because he was told they had no dosh.

Sky reporting Downing to Looserpool mate.

blue12 said:

O'Neill must be sat thinking 'what the hell did I do?' Randy Lerner told him there was only money if he sold players, and that Milner to City was his best way of getting the money, then they only give him 10 mil to spend so he walks.

Now suddenly they are spending 6.5 mil on Jean Makoun, and 18m+ on Bent, either they won the lottery or someones going to be sold.

brummie blue said:
blue12 said:

O'Neill must be sat thinking 'what the hell did I do?' Randy Lerner told him there was only money if he sold players, and that Milner to City was his best way of getting the money, then they only give him 10 mil to spend so he walks.

Now suddenly they are spending 6.5 mil on Jean Makoun, and 18m+ on Bent, either they won the lottery or someones going to be sold.

or Lerner has realised that MON was right and is now spending money to try and avoid relegation

Just thought id lie to add my two pennies worth to your topic.

Darren Bent will be a great signing for us. Scores bucketfulls of goals wherever he's been and is something we have missed for a very long time. 20M doesn't buy you a lot of striker as you will know with Santa Cruz, Jo and Adebayour currently on your books. Third in the premier league goalscorers since 2005 with 81 goals just one behind Drogba and Rooney tells you quite a lot.

Yes probably overpaid a little but like i said we need someone that can come straight in and score goals, starting hopefully on Saturday! With signings already of Makoun and Walker plus Adam also set to be confirmed in the next 48 hrs. Perhaps we can show you what we are really made of this time.

Can i also try to put paid to the myth that there is no money available to spend. MON was asked to get rid of the shite that he had paid good money for and weekly wages out laid. Shite like Sidwell, Beye, Davies, Harewood. Plus players that he fell out with Reo coker, L Young.

Houllier has at least made an effort to off load some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.