Dating apps

Not necessarily at all mate. I met a belting girl over Christmas and we saw each other four times and didn’t sleep together. I actually quite liked that, it was a refreshing change!

A lot of people have these silly unwritten rules about dating. I have no rules at all. For me, every situation is different and it’s all about it feeling right.

Most think there should be a kiss at the end of the first date - but I don’t! I think a kiss should come at a time when there’s been a good bit of flirtation, whether that’s during the first date or on date number 3. I don’t think it should be earmarked for a particular time. If date #1 hasn’t been flirty I don’t kiss the girl more than a parting kiss on the cheek. Other times I’ve been smooching the face off someone an hour into the first date.

Some think the third date is the one where that’s where they should sleep with each other - but that could be date #1 or #10 as far as I’m concerned. Again, it’s all about whether it’s felt flirtatious. Don’t just sleep with someone because that’s what you think you should do. Some of the best sexual experiences I’ve had have been after a couple of months of building sexual tension. Sleeping with someone too early or one night stands leaves me a bit cold these days, I actually find it hard to get turned on sometimes when it’s too early and no tension has been built.

Sorry to hear about your wife by the way mate!

Thanks.
God that's such a relief to hear..
Thankyou for the advice pal

Not necessarily at all mate. I met a belting girl over Christmas and we saw each other four times and didn’t sleep together. I actually quite liked that, it was a refreshing change!

A lot of people have these silly unwritten rules about dating. I have no rules at all. For me, every situation is different and it’s all about it feeling right.

Most think there should be a kiss at the end of the first date - but I don’t! I think a kiss should come at a time when there’s been a good bit of flirtation, whether that’s during the first date or on date number 3. I don’t think it should be earmarked for a particular time. If date #1 hasn’t been flirty I don’t kiss the girl more than a parting kiss on the cheek. Other times I’ve been smooching the face off someone an hour into the first date.

Some think the third date is the one where that’s where they should sleep with each other - but that could be date #1 or #10 as far as I’m concerned. Again, it’s all about whether it’s felt flirtatious. Don’t just sleep with someone because that’s what you think you should do. Some of the best sexual experiences I’ve had have been after a couple of months of building sexual tension. Sleeping with someone too early or one night stands leaves me a bit cold these days, I actually find it hard to get turned on sometimes when it’s too early and no tension has been built.

Sorry to hear about your wife by the way mate!

Exactly that. I had an experience last year with someone (very glamorous and pretty) yet because there wasn't any real chemistry (even after 3 dates) the sex wasn't highly enjoyable.
On the flip side I speak with women at the gym who've become friends with simply by getting on very well outside the realms of dating (so they'll have boyfriends/husbands and presume I'm in a relationship too). So yep...it has to feel right and then everything else will fall in place. Unfortunately my headspace is nowhere near dating again (I'm usually very jovial but of late that's all gone), but I'm sure that will change one day.

I had a few too many when I was younger but do none of you more mature gents not find one night stands unnecessary now? We were often just pissed tbh. Inhibitions out of the window and clothes on the floor. It doesn’t seem right now...
Why doesn't it seem right? Providing it was consenting inhibitions then who's to judge what you get up to?

You're a nice guy pal, a sensitive soul with a good heart. There's a woman out there just for you. Don't let your bucket hat slip over your eyes when your chance comes along, especially when you know the chemistry is buzzing. Good luck: )

My wife died 2 1/2 years ago and at 47 I'm half and half about staying single or meeting someone. I know my kids wouldn't like it initially (16 & 19) but hey we all have to move on, though I do have to consider them.
Weather is through an app or just wait for a chance meeting I haven't decided yet.
Bit terrified to be honest. I'd only slept with my wife and the thought of my saggy nuts hitting the floor when i undress makes me groan inwardly. I'm totally lacking in experience and confidence.
Is it par for the course nowadays to sleep together on a first date anyway?

Look on the bright side, when you do meet someone new, your saggy nuts hitting floor wont be the only things saggy and hitting the floor......;)

I had a few too many when I was younger but do none of you more mature gents not find one night stands unnecessary now? We were often just pissed tbh. Inhibitions out of the window and clothes on the floor. It doesn’t seem right now...

'..a one night stand ' you say. I have trouble standing for one night....even part of it.

Bollocks. Give me rattling when I'm steaming over spooning becoming forking whilst watching some shit on Netflix any day of the week.

I felt dirty after the last one. Walked home in last night’s clothes.

Why doesn't it seem right? Providing it was consenting inhibitions then who's to judge what you get up to?

You're a nice guy pal, a sensitive soul with a good heart. There's a woman out there just for you. Don't let your bucket hat slip over your eyes when your chance comes along, especially when you know the chemistry is buzzing. Good luck: )

One cost me a dream job as she wouldn’t move with me and I thought she was the one. The other was so damaged by a bad life (lover, friends, family) that she couldn’t trust despite my attempts to rip barriers down.

I’m looking after me now. If I meet one then so be it.

Thanks anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.