Dave Lee Travis arrested

buzzer1 said:
SWP's back said:
tidyman said:
To be honest I shouldn't be getting all moral with anyone. My first wife was only just 16 to my 23 when I met her. She looked a lot older though so that's alright.

I'm interested in these countries with what seem to me,to have ridiculously low ages of consent.

Do we know if there is any flexibility in these laws, possibly depending on the age of the other person?

I find it difficult to get my head round a scenario where a 50 year old man could have sex with a 13 year old girl in a reasonably civilised country like Spain, without any legal repercussions, assuming she consented.
But why mate? (the difficulty of getting your head round it). How likely is it? How many 13 year olds are going to want to get with a 50 year old. I struggle when I see 20 odd year olds with 50-80 year olds, as I am sure most of us do.

I struggle to see the future myself as i am 41(today) and my Mrs is 28, she has her own gaff, little lad, car etc and is an accountant but when i am 50 she will be 38, 60 and 48, it worries me a little. She looks that fkin young she was refused alcohol in Tesco and cigs from the coop for her mam lol.. she is adorable maaan but it concerns me anyway that the age gap for outsiders if anything will be " look at them two over there" kinda thing.

oh i, she chased me btw:).

Sorry for the thread deviate.
Good luck to you, you dirty old twat xx

SWP's back said:
tidyman said:
SWP's back said:
13 in Spain!

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Age_of_Consent_eu.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Age_of_Consent_eu.png</a>

I understand your point mate, it is just that each country varies greatly. Our age of 16 was founded in the same act that had homosexual sex down as an offence punishable by death in the 19th Century.

As I say my pop was 26, my mum was 16, they have enjoyed the best part of half a century together but I doubt they would have been accepted by society if they had gotten together nowadays. The moral Zeitgeist changes all the time.

To be honest I shouldn't be getting all moral with anyone. My first wife was only just 16 to my 23 when I met her. She looked a lot older though so that's alright.

I'm interested in these countries with what seem to me,to have ridiculously low ages of consent.

Do we know if there is any flexibility in these laws, possibly depending on the age of the other person?

I find it difficult to get my head round a scenario where a 50 year old man could have sex with a 13 year old girl in a reasonably civilised country like Spain, without any legal repercussions, assuming she consented.
But why mate? (the difficulty of getting your head round it). How likely is it? How many 13 year olds are going to want to get with a 50 year old. I struggle when I see 20 odd year olds with 50-80 year olds, as I am sure most of us do.

I don't imagine for a moment that there are thousands of 12 year old girls in Spain, counting down the days until they can have sex with their grandads mate. But the fact that even one, naive, manipulated 13 year old could be convinced to do that and for the man to have committed no crime, is what I struggle to see as an acceptable way for the law to work.

A bloke at work in his mid 50's is living with a 25 year old Russian bird. She's nice looking too.

paphos-mcfc said:
Snippet off yahoo news.

" A 1977 episode of Top Of The Pops featuring Mr Travis was due to be shown on BBC4 on Thursday night but has been pulled.

A BBC spokesman said: "In the light of today's news, we have postponed tonight's Top Of The Pops.

"In its place we are showing next week's edition of TOTP presented by Kid Jensen."

Who are they trying to fool with their shenanigans?

Because any repeats mean that the Beeb woud have to pay Travis.Not a wise move at this moment in time.

Even if any of them are guilty what is the the point in prosecution if the sentences are so weak ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20343589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-20343589</a>

He said they were over the age of consent and they gave their consent.
They're saying he groped them against their will. In the current climate, that almost makes him respectable.

SWP's back said:
buzzer1 said:
SWP's back said:

I struggle to see the future myself as i am 41(today) and my Mrs is 28, she has her own gaff, little lad, car etc and is an accountant but when i am 50 she will be 38, 60 and 48, it worries me a little. She looks that fkin young she was refused alcohol in Tesco and cigs from the coop for her mam lol.. she is adorable maaan but it concerns me anyway that the age gap for outsiders if anything will be " look at them two over there" kinda thing.

oh i, she chased me btw:).

Sorry for the thread deviate.
Good luck to you, you dirty old twat xx

:( lol

It's getting to the point that anyone arrested but then released without any sign of a charge or conviction will always be tainted.

I'm a believer in someone being charged being given anonymity until such a time that they if/are convicted. And this isn't just in these high profile cases but others too over the years. There has been many a time when the victim is protected and yet the one accused has had their name all over the media. And I'm not just talking about the Internet either.

mackenzie said:
It's getting to the point that anyone arrested but then released without any sign of a charge or conviction will always be tainted.

I'm a believer in someone being charged being given anonymity until such a time that they if/are convicted. And this isn't just in these high profile cases but others too over the years. There has been many a time when the victim is protected and yet the one accused has had their name all over the media. And I'm not just talking about the Internet either.
100% in agreement with you on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.