David Beckham

i actually quite like him, id like him a lot more if he hadn't played for that mob though!

tin hat = on.

stony said:
Beckham is the most overrated player of his generation. A man whose reputation as a world class player was based solely on how many shirts he could sell.
He really is the golden boy as far as the press and most of the British public are concerned.
How many footballers do you know who could cheat on his wife but it's his wife that ends up getting all the grief over it.
I fucking despise Beckham but you have to admire whoever is in charge of his PR.

Spot on mate.

Against Brazil in the WC in 2002, the press conveniently chose to overlook the fact that Beckham shit out of a challenge on the half-way line leading to Brazil's equaliser, instead blaming Seaman for Ronaldinho's winner.

Not that I was bothered mind, as I will never support England whilst he's floating round the team- either as an "89th minute, lets get my caps up, substitute" or in his mincy cheerleader role from last year.

An East End red= a Grade A Twat.

stony said:
Beckham is the most overrated player of his generation. A man whose reputation as a world class player was based solely on how many shirts he could sell.
He really is the golden boy as far as the press and most of the British public are concerned.
How many footballers do you know who could cheat on his wife but it's his wife that ends up getting all the grief over it.
I fucking despise Beckham but you have to admire whoever is in charge of his PR.

So true mate, especially what you say about the people running his PR. Cashley and Terry are always named in the papers as footballers who have famously cheated on their wives yet Beckham never gets mentioned.

He stopped being a professional footballer when he sold out to play in (literally) a Mickey Mouse league. The way he's treated LA Galaxy has been a disgrace as well, picking and choosing when to play for them, no wonder their fans have turned on him on a few occasions.

In a way its a shame his move to Spurs on loan didn't happen last year, it would have been nice to have seen him make a tit of himself in the premier league. But I suspect that was a publicity stunt from start to finish, mutually beneficial for Beckham and Arry alike, two of the biggest charlatans in the game.

He's done more to harm England in World Cups' than help us

1998 - sent off in discgrace
2002 - as someone said he shit out of a tackle and wasn't fit to play anyway
2006 - Not fit but chose to and generally refused to stay out wide as he wanted to play centre mid
2010 - And as for this farce the less said the better. I fyou don't get picked or you are injured David you have to stay at home like the rest of us or buy a ticket. But what happened he put his cheerleader out fit on(must have picked it up in LA) and embarressed himself and the team from start to finish

Funny fact, he's only scored 13 goals (source soccernet espn stats) since leaving Madrid in 2007 in all competitions for Galaxy, Milan and England combined.

Henry has scored 8 goals there so far this season alone.

Timbobs said:
Funny fact, he's only scored 13 goals (source soccernet espn stats) since leaving Madrid in 2007 in all competitions for Galaxy, Milan and England combined.

Funny fact, Beckham's a midfielder, Henry's a striker.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:38 am --<br /><br />
Blue Hefner said:

2006 - Not fit but chose to and generally refused to stay out wide as he wanted to play centre mid
2010 - And as for this farce the less said the better. I fyou don't get picked or you are injured David you have to stay at home like the rest of us or buy a ticket. But what happened he put his cheerleader out fit on(must have picked it up in LA) and embarressed himself and the team from start to finish

2002 - also got us there with a brilliant performance vs Greece.

2006 - total bollocks.

Villan10 said:
Timbobs said:

Funny fact, Beckham's a midfielder, Henry's a striker.

-- Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:38 am --

Blue Hefner said:

2002 - also got us there with a brilliant performance vs Greece.

2002 - His last decent performance in an England shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.