David bentley to sign ?

A swap deal for Petrov would be a good move. I think Bentley has a great final ball in the box and is a great option from set pieces as well. It will also add competition for SWP 2 different type of players 1 can run past defenders at ease while the other can wip in crosses to pin point and with a target man that is vital to have in the team.

So a guy with an attitude (and possibly drink) problem who cant get in the Spurs team is a good option for us? I suppose he can pal up with "2 weeks" Johnno.

So, if Bentley arrives, he will bring more attacking options, cover re AF Nat Cup absence, injury, suspensions.

I'm aware that he can fill several attacking positions but I'd be interested to know if he capable of playing on the left and can pass and shoot with both feet. I've always seen him starting wide right.

I'd be very sorry to see Petrov go. That said, he's been a tad moody (again) since returning from injury and it's time for him to move on.

But they also get Petrov on loan in return = completely shit deal for us as Petrov is left footed and a much better player.

alera said:
But they also get Petrov on loan in return = completely shit deal for us as Petrov is left footed and a much better player.
Agree. Spuds got what they want but we got what we don't. Stupid deal IMHO.

bluethai said:
alera said:
Agree. Spuds got what they want but we got what we don't. Stupid deal IMHO.

Eh???

I think its quite clear we want Bentley dont you? If we didnt we would just loan them Petrov.

Hughes wants another one of his bum chums. City fans dont - well a fair number of us anyway.

alera said:
Hughes wants another one of his bum chums. City fans dont - well a fair number of us anyway.

Oh right. That what it is?

I think he is a top player so couldnt care less that Hughes managed him before and turned him into an England regular with the best cross in the league.

At least we know he will fit in and train hard.

Bit strange getting rid of our only proper left winger and bringing in another right mid...can't see him getting in the team over SWP anyway so theres another £12mil + player sat on the bench

......unless it's a smokescreen for Ribery ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.