David bentley to sign ?

If Bentley goes anywhere I can see Martin "doesn't believe players exist outside of the UK" O'Neill buying him for Villa.

Norbit Nimrod said:
Bentley - No

Sneijder - Yes

here's the difference - a guy like Bentley would be more willing to sit on the bench than Sneijder, who would defo want first team football week-in week out. Bentley would play the Elano role of a few games and would know going in he's not going to play every week, at least start.

I'd take him.

Andouble said:
Norbit Nimrod said:
Bentley - No

Sneijder - Yes

here's the difference - a guy like Bentley would be more willing to sit on the bench than Sneijder, who would defo want first team football week-in week out. Bentley would play the Elano role of a few games and would know going in he's not going to play every week, at least start.

I'd take him.
agree with this bentley could come to us relatively cheap, imo, and he'd know he'll be part of a very good squad so 1st team games will not be a given, he can play wide right or attacking midfield ala elano, and hughes like bellers and rsc has got the best out of this fella, he's a chavy londoner, but he was in blackburn for 2 and a half years so we could knock that out of him. the other player i wouldn't mind seein coming in 4 elano is riquelme he's 31-32 now probably cheap, quit the international scene, not 1 for the future but ireland could learn so much off thisa guy for say 2-3 years. and he'd also probably be ok with playing limited games.

Id take Bentley anyway, hes a good player. He takes a good set piece, gets crosses over and would be a good option from the bench or when we have injuries, especially now we have RSC. Hes got alot to proove especially this world cup year, that might benefit us.

i would take bentley. its alrite talking about vander vart or schnieder (spelling on both)

but we need to staret think of squad players we cant have a world class 22 it just doesnt work like that!!!
i would be happy with bentley as a squad player to bring of the bench! some of bentleys best years were under hughes just like rsc!

its the sames as fletcher and o'shea at the rags and lucas at pool and mikel at chelsea they are squad players they would prob walk in to a team like everton or wigan no dis-respect ment by that. but we need to build a squad!

and i think bentley would fit perfectly! we all know he wouldnt start week in week out!
but again its a squad game

thomo said:
i would take bentley. its alrite talking about vander vart or schnieder (spelling on both)

but we need to staret think of squad players we cant have a world class 22 it just doesnt work like that!!!
i would be happy with bentley as a squad player to bring of the bench! some of bentleys best years were under hughes just like rsc!

its the sames as fletcher and o'shea at the rags and lucas at pool and mikel at chelsea they are squad players they would prob walk in to a team like everton or wigan no dis-respect ment by that. but we need to build a squad!

and i think bentley would fit perfectly! we all know he wouldnt start week in week out!
but again its a squad game

THIS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.