David Luiz

citoeast

The metro is saying Chelsea are backing off from the David Luiz transfer because he is too expensive (ha ha) and City are also interested in him and could top their bid.

"Blues officials are rumoured to be considering offering £20 million plus Paulo Ferreira, but are aware Manchester City are also keen on Luiz and in a position to trump any bid they make."

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/852728...chelsea-transfer-as-david-luiz-interest-eases

I do hope this is true as it would be a very good signing for City, just what we need. Also would show were the PL power lies.

We definitely need another quality CB. All the press speculation seems to be about Luiz - don't know how a new CB would fit into our team half way through the season though, especially one coming from overseas?

At the very least it would up competition for places, though I think he would be first choice for Mancini.

Wolves game showed that Lescott is a bit too clumsy. Luiz is much more agile and would fit in well with kompany.

All first team central defenders, apart from Kompany, are not good enough to make a title winning team imo, yes, even Kolo (error-prone every now and then, also has switch off moment habit similar to Micah). Lescott and Kolo can just be good squad players, but they are not someone who we can rely upon as an important first team player for years to come imo. I've seen David Luiz played some games before, but I'm still not sure he's better than what we have or not.

I don't think we need another centre back. Vince is great. Kolo has had a very good season so far. And while Lescott has made a couple of errors he's still a very good defender. Then there's Micah who has looked much improved this year at right back, and Boateng who we are yet to see play in the middle. Looking to the future we've also got the very promising Boyata who with the right tutelage could become a great player.

JamesTenOne said:
Looking to the future we've also got the very promising Boyata who with the right tutelage could become a great player.

I dont know if Mancini rates him.. he is 24 already and the word "promising" doesn't fit in anymore. He has played great so far in Sunderland but not sure if he would do that at City.

Black Solied said:
JamesTenOne said:
Looking to the future we've also got the very promising Boyata who with the right tutelage could become a great player.

I dont know if Mancini rates him.. he is 24 already and the word "promising" doesn't fit in anymore. He has played great so far in Sunderland but not sure if he would do that at City.
I think you are confusing Boyata with Onuoha

Why not go for someone like Gabi Milito at Barca languishing in the reserves/on the bench? Would be a snip, or even on loan. Not sure if he´s injured but he came back recently in one game. Good company for Tev and Zab. Getting fed up of splashing out and shitty clubs tearing us a new one over transfer fees

no thanks

we have one of the best future CB in the world

yes >> he is "Frederic Veseli" the captain of swiss U-18 team which had won the world cup 2009

.Veseli_s.jpg

and there is a very good video of him playing in the world cup :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbeb12_veseli_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbeb12_veseli_sport</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.