David Luiz

If we sign Luiz, I think it could spell the end of Barry.

He will move Kompany into midfield, which is his best position...always has been.

He is playing superb at Centre Half because he is good enough to adapt, but his strongest position is centre midfield.

Ever since his superb debut against WHU back in the day, you can see he is wasted at Centre Half.

Best player at the club by a friggin' mile. He is a ball player, too good to waste in defence.

JamesTenOne said:
I don't think we need another centre back. Vince is great. Kolo has had a very good season so far. And while Lescott has made a couple of errors he's still a very good defender. Then there's Micah who has looked much improved this year at right back, and Boateng who we are yet to see play in the middle. Looking to the future we've also got the very promising Boyata who with the right tutelage could become a great player.

disagree mate - I think Silva is actually our second most irreplacable player and I think Vinny is the most difficult to replace - hate to say it but I think he is head and shoulders above Kolo and Joleon and I think Boyota is a couple of years away from being ready at the highest level - I think if VK got injured we would have a big problem, and even with him fit we have a small problem as to who partners him, or if Kolo got injured - I also think we need a big "feck off" centre half to defend high corners free kicks and crosses into our box, too many goals conceded like this. Was hoping Boateng might be this player but jury out yet (but it is early days for him)

Salford_Blue said:

He will move Kompany into midfield, which is his best position...always has been.

He is playing superb at Centre Half because he is good enough to adapt, but his strongest position is centre midfield.

Ever since his superb debut against WHU back in the day, you can see he is wasted at Centre Half.

Best player at the club by a friggin' mile. He is a ball player, too good to waste in defence.

Disagree; Kompany is a far better centre half than a holding midfielder. If he buys Luiz he'll be Kompany's long term partner at the heart of our defence.

Mat01706 said:
Salford_Blue said:

Disagree; Kompany is a far better centre half than a holding midfielder. If he buys Luiz he'll be Kompany's long term partner at the heart of our defence.

That's what its all about mate...opinions.

Half expected some abuse, probably still will.

Won't change my opinion.

DCM is the most important position on the pitch for me and VK has it all.

He is as good as NDJ at breaking up play, but has the guile, creativity and skill to utilise the ball more than NDJ.

Salford_Blue said:
Mat01706 said:

That's what its all about mate...opinions.

Half expected some abuse, probably still will.

Won't change my opinion.

DCM is the most important position on the pitch for me and VK has it all.

He is as good as NDJ at breaking up play, but has the guile, creativity and skill to utilise the ball more than NDJ.

NDJ is more agile and a better tackler. He is not as big as Vinny, so he can move fast from tackle to tackle.

Vinny played in midfield against poznan in europa league, came from bench and played holding midfield. It didin't work and he was actually responsible for 1 of poznans goals. He lost the ball in front of the cente backs and thats not a thing NDJ does.

NDJ is far better holding midfielder.

Salford_Blue said:

Have to disagree on this...VK's distribution + ball control under pressure lets him down at times. I think NDJ is far more aware of his own limitations and plays accordingly: as a result he is a far better DM than VK.

Scooby Blue said:
Salford_Blue said:

Have to disagree on this...VK's distribution + ball control under pressure lets him down at times. I think NDJ is far more aware of his own limitations and plays accordingly: as a result he is a far better DM than VK.

Post of the year..................absolutely spot on re Kompany. Has a rush of blood for the glory pass that I am yet to see come off. He can get flustered with the ball at his feet if rushed. He is not a world class midfielder and never will be. He could yet mature into that bracket at centre half.....we'll see.
Scooby Blue- I will look out for your future posts :)

Mat01706 said:
Salford_Blue said:

this. barry is a better midfielder than vinny, vinny is outstanding at the back.
leave well alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.