David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've did it so often before and today was a prime case......David simply HAS to score more. I think it's what stops him getting the more widespread praise he deserves. Should have buried the chance today.

You look at our attacking midfielders and strikers over the last 5-6 years and they all have iconic/memorable goals that we instantly remember but can't think of a single David Silva goal in that category and think that helps prove my point unfortunately.

I've did it so often before and today was a prime case......David simply HAS to score more. I think it's what stops him getting the more widespread praise he deserves. Should have buried the chance today.

You look at our attacking midfielders and strikers over the last 5-6 years and they all have iconic/memorable goals that we instantly remember but can't think of a single David Silva goal in that category and think that helps prove my point unfortunately.
He has never been a goalscorer he is a creater,i don't get all the posts going on about goals he hasn't scored and beat him around the head with it now when he has proved himself as one of the greatest players we have ever had in the creative role that is his place.makes me sad

He has never been a goalscorer he is a creater,i don't get all the posts going on about goals he hasn't scored and beat him around the head with it now when he has proved himself as one of the greatest players we have ever had in the creative role that is his place.makes me sad
It's for this reason I'd like to see him in the pivot role at the base of midfield. Make use of him by getting him to pass through the lines with Fernandinho, KDB and Gundogan ahead of him.

I agree largely, however he does seem to bag for Spain but for us, it feels like he is always going to struggle and for such a fantastic player, its a real puzzle why.

I agree largely, however he does seem to bag for Spain but for us, it feels like he is always going to struggle and for such a fantastic player, its a real puzzle why.
With spain he seems to have more responsibility as a goalscorer,with us he is more the creater,different role,it would be nice if he chiped in but he is what he is

With spain he seems to have more responsibility as a goalscorer,with us he is more the creater,different role,it would be nice if he chiped in but he is what he is
If I remember correctly, which is often a struggle these days didn't he score 8 or 9 in quick succession a few seasons when Kun was injured ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.