David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really understand why we started the 2nd half with KdB and Silva having swapped sides. Silva and Sane were ripping Swansea apart down the left in the first half but after the switch we were nowhere near as effective. He was still our best player, although I agree he should have pulled the trigger sooner when GJ put him in on goal. Great cross for the winner.

Silva was very good. But how anyone thinks he is MOTM over Jesus doesn't make sense to me. The kid dug us out of losing 2 points.

And as well as Dave played, he had a chance to guarantee us a result and fluffed it. If not for this kid, we are talking another draw we'd whine about for weeks.

Dave was good, bit Motm by a large gulf was GJ.

Silva was very good. But how anyone thinks he is MOTM over Jesus doesn't make sense to me. The kid dug us out of losing 2 points.

And as well as Dave played, he had a chance to guarantee us a result and fluffed it. If not for this kid, we are talking another draw we'd whine about for weeks.

I completely agree. Silva and Sterling need to know there's a time and a place to pass it to someone in a better position and a time and a place for taking a touch and picking their spot after committing the keeper. Sometimes you run onto the ball and bury it first time, or you take a touch that commits the keeper and keeps the defender nowhere near the ball so he can't tackle.

If they can do that then we score more goals. If Silva and Sterling become confident in front of goal the opposition have no chance. Jesus, Yaya, De Bruyne, Sane, Silva and Sterling all in scoring form will be unplayable. As it is currently, I wouldn't be too worried about Silva and Sterling being played in.

I think if you score 2 in a 2-1 win including a last minute winner, you usually deserve MOM and I wouldn't argue at all with Jesus being MOM yesterday.

Silva and Sane were outstanding in the first half, they link up so well together and have a great understanding. Silva ran the show in the first half and Sane was a constant threat.

In the second half for some weird reason Silva and DeBruyne were switched, whether that was a failed attempt to get Sterling in to the game in the hope that Silva would feed him I'm not sure, but it didn't work and we were awful.

Silva should have buried his chance, but let's not forget he created both of the goals, and the second was a superb ball which Jesus headed straight at the keeper. He did brilliantly to snap up the rebound, showing a real striker's instinct. They both made mistakes with good chances, but it all worked out in the end.

I think if you score 2 in a 2-1 win including a last minute winner, you usually deserve MOM and I wouldn't argue at all with Jesus being MOM yesterday.

Silva and Sane were outstanding in the first half, they link up so well together and have a great understanding. Silva ran the show in the first half and Sane was a constant threat.

In the second half for some weird reason Silva and DeBruyne were switched, whether that was a failed attempt to get Sterling in to the game in the hope that Silva would feed him I'm not sure, but it didn't work and we were awful.

Silva should have buried his chance, but let's not forget he created both of the goals, and the second was a superb ball which Jesus headed straight at the keeper. He did brilliantly to snap up the rebound, showing a real striker's instinct. They both made mistakes with good chances, but it all worked out in the end.

Your point is well taken but Jesus' header is not all that poorly taken. Headed down with pace. Not placed where he'd ideally want it but overall well taken and he made his own luck in a sense for the rebound. Not really a similar mistake as Silva's, imo.

But I think your point is still well made in that Silva did his job yesterday. He's out there to create and he ran the show for a long time and was phenomenal linking up with Sane to create a ton of great chances in addition to setting up the first goal with a great move in the box. We shouldn't lose sight of that because he was shy to pull the trigger when through on goal.

At the game yesterday I thought Silva had been fouled for the free kick that Yaya took and nearly scored from. But on MOTD it looked very much like there was no contact and Silva had dived. I was more than a little shocked by that. Silva is my favourite all time City player , he is consistently the best creative midfielder in the PL for me and he rearly has an average game let alone a poor one. Yesterday was no different , just thought he was above that sort of thing. Wonder what others thoughts are?

At the game yesterday I thought Silva had been fouled for the free kick that Yaya took and nearly scored from. But on MOTD it looked very much like there was no contact and Silva had dived. I was more than a little shocked by that. Silva is my favourite all time City player , he is consistently the best creative midfielder in the PL for me and he rearly has an average game let alone a poor one. Yesterday was no different , just thought he was above that sort of thing. Wonder what others thoughts are?
He did not dive,you need specsavers

Strange comment; Silva knocks the ball past the defender & starts the run past, the defender then puts his arm as a barrier & pulls Silva down as he's going past him. It's a stonewall foul. Perhaps you weren't looking at upper body contact, it's pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.