David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so. But it is alarming that he is out once again even if it is only for a few games. It seems to be a fact of live at City now that we rarely get our first 11 on the pitch together. Constant injuries to key players are severely curtailing our ability to put together title winning runs. One wonders how long it will be before Kun pulls up and is out for six weeks? Will Kompany stay fit if he gets back?
What about our midfield back up Delph and Fernando they always seem to be on the bench. With some justification people have been critical of Yaya but one thing you can say about the guy he is rarely if ever injured. Navas another lad often in the firing line likewise is normally available. Pep's tenure at Munich seemed to me from a distance to be one were he battled against continuous injury problems and I think at one stage he had a serious falling out with the medical staff. Will an inability to keep our players fit this season be our undoing?

You're alarmed that he's got a thigh strain? An injury he's never had for us before?

It's professional sport, they are athletes, it's inevitable that every football team will suffer from injuries during a season. There really is no need for alarm.

Wouldnt worry as much as you seem to be
Injuries happen. EVERYBODY is looking for an excuse to write us off in some way, so dont give them ammunition. Zero reason to post something like this when none of the above has happened yet. A skilled, tricky player is going to get little knocks from constant kicking etc. Just accept that we have a strong squad further up the pitch and he can be replaced for a week or two
On the contrary rather than "zero reason" I think that there is every reason to float this out there. Now I accept that injuries are part and parcel of the game and City are by no means alone when it comes to players ending up on the sick list. However, the regularity with which certain players are missing does seem to vary substantially Vincent Kompany been a prime example of this. The problem is that there seems to be a certain inevitability that these things "happen" frequently to some players when they get knocks or just appear to break down. I am not writing us off and still expect us to be there or there about's this season and this may be a universal football problem but it is an issue that could cost us.

On the contrary rather than "zero reason" I think that there is every reason to float this out there. Now I accept that injuries are part and parcel of the game and City are by no means alone when it comes to players ending up on the sick list. However, the regularity with which certain players are missing does seem to vary substantially Vincent Kompany been a prime example of this. The problem is that there seems to be a certain inevitability that these things "happen" frequently to some players when they get knocks or just appear to break down. I am not writing us off and still expect us to be there or there about's this season and this may be a universal football problem but it is an issue that could cost us.

Kompany is the only player in the squad with multiple long term injuries though isn't he?

Silva had an ankle problem last year thar lasted most of the season. The advice was for him to rest it for a few weeks and not play. He wasn't able to do that during the season because Pellegrini played him in every game.

He's got a thigh strain in training, completely unrelated to the ankle injury. It's not a trend, it's completely normal.

Kompany is a different issue. Guardiola has said he has some toxicity in his muscle tissue. This explains why he was getting multiple muscle injuries. We are being incredibly cautious with him and only bringing him back when all of the blood samples come back showing all of the toxicity is gone.

There is no injury problem with the squad this season.

Kompany is the only player in the squad with multiple long term injuries though isn't he?

Silva had an ankle problem last year thar lasted most of the season. The advice was for him to rest it for a few weeks and not play. He wasn't able to do that during the season because Pellegrini played him in every game.

He's got a thigh strain in training, completely unrelated to the ankle injury. It's not a trend, it's completely normal.

Kompany is a different issue. Guardiola has said he has some toxicity in his muscle tissue. This explains why he was getting multiple muscle injuries. We are being incredibly cautious with him and only bringing him back when all of the blood samples come back showing all of the toxicity is gone.

There is no injury problem with the squad this season.
I hope you are right about Kompany not convinced by this toxicity argument buy hey I am not a medical scientist. Silva's bad ankle and how Pelligrini dealt with it has been well documented and we all hope that this problem is behind him. Not sure that some others Kun and Delph in particular will not break down unexpectedly but I will stress again that this may be a universal issue in the modern game which afflicts all teams. Finally I go back to Yaya and ask this question how many games in his time at City did he miss because he was injured?

I hope you are right about Kompany not convinced by this toxicity argument buy hey I am not a medical scientist. Silva's bad ankle and how Pelligrini dealt with it has been well documented and we all hope that this problem is behind him. Not sure that some others Kun and Delph in particular will not break down unexpectedly but I will stress again that this may be a universal issue in the modern game which afflicts all teams. Finally I go back to Yaya and ask this question how many games in his time at City did he miss because he was injured?

It's inevitable some players get injured more than others. Same as some people are ill more than others. I'm sure you remember some people at school that werecoff sick more days than others, it's inevitable.

Yaya is one of the most naturally athletic and strong human beings I have ever seen. He's possibly the strongest player ever in the Premier League. Perhaps he's blessed with muscles that don't tire or strain as easily as others.

For all we know Silva is just being rested because we have back ups, and there's no need for him to play through the kind of small niggle or strain that footballers regularly play through.

Pep is a big believer in prevention rather than cure with squad fitness, no need to have a total meltdown over the squad's fitness.

Also Sergio's injuries has become an outdated cliche. Post 2014 world cup he's almost completely eliminated the recurring muscle problems he used to suffer from, and now spends a pretty normal amount of time injured - it's only mentioned more because of his previous record.

The only notable injury he had last year was when he disobeyed the teams advice and decided to play a couple of Argentina games when he should have rested - something which I'm sure is less likely to happen under Guardiola.

It's inevitable some players get injured more than others. Same as some people are ill more than others. I'm sure you remember some people at school that werecoff sick more days than others, it's inevitable.

Yaya is one of the most naturally athletic and strong human beings I have ever seen. He's possibly the strongest player ever in the Premier League. Perhaps he's blessed with muscles that don't tire or strain as easily as others.
Good points about Yaya but although it was a while ago now I do remember certain people sick at school more often than others and I think I know the reason why!! Led and swinging come immediately to mind.

For all we know Silva is just being rested because we have back ups, and there's no need for him to play through the kind of small niggle or strain that footballers regularly play through.

Pep is a big believer in prevention rather than cure with squad fitness, no need to have a total meltdown over the squad's fitness.

Also Sergio's injuries has become an outdated cliche. Post 2014 world cup he's almost completely eliminated the recurring muscle problems he used to suffer from, and now spends a pretty normal amount of time injured - it's only mentioned more because of his previous record.

The only notable injury he had last year was when he disobeyed the teams advice and decided to play a couple of Argentina games when he should have rested - something which I'm sure is less likely to happen under Guardiola.
Don't know why you think this is a "total meltdown" but rather highlighting what may turn out to be a genuine concern. Good points about Kun and I hope you are right. His recent failure to travel to Argentina
may be down to this although he may also have an issue with the management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.