David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he played well today myself

I thought he was the only one who looked composed on the ball, or remotely capable of actually creating anything. He suffered, badly, from us having so many limited players in the side and being incapable of getting the ball forward quickly into dangerous areas.

Least of our problems today was Merlin.

Sure he didn't cope with the press but then neither did anyone else.

Merlin had a poor 1st half today , but he looked decent in the 2nd half when Spuds were tiring with their pressing game , 100mph football doesnt suit him at 30 years old , but he still has a lot to offer the side as he proved in the last 30 minutes.

He has been my favourite player for years but needs moving on to slow he has lost that bit of pace needed
What pace are you talking about? If anyone had a lack of pace today it was Gundogan but he gets a pass as he's still easing his way in.
The game bypassing Silva for large parts had nothing to do with him being poor and everything to do with players not taking responsibility in their positions. Both Ferns were terrible first half, as were both fullbacks. So tell he, what could he have done to influence the game under those circumstances?

People label me a fanboy but fuck me, it's hard not to react when reading some of the shit thrown at him.

He did ok today he just needs to look for the early pass quicker hugging on to the ball to long cost us there second goal.

Not a player for a game when we on the backfoot really, but he did well in 2nd half, certainly worse players out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.