David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always a dick measuring contest if anybody suggests the criticism of a player makes somebody less of a City fan than anyone else, which is clearly what your inference was.

And, by your own admission, you do also try and legislate for a clear drop in his levels by pointing out (quite rightly) that he has suffered with repeated injury issues.

My hide-and-seek reference has nothing to do with his willingness to make himself available for selection, it is my own view based on what I am seeing on the pitch and he's nowhere near as instrumental as we now need him to be, certainly at the Champions League levels of competition.

My assessment is with merit, we can still establish a decent fee for him next summer due to his reputation and age. He will 31 in January. We made similar errors with Toure and Zabaleta.

Their decline was there two seasons ago but we hoped for the best and here we are.

Regardless of Silva's talent, I see it thriving better back in Spain in the remaining years, unless you can impart that he's someone who is willing to put the club first, and he plays every other week?

if you are assessing him on his performances and the effectivenesses of his performance for the team (not as an individual) this season then you will pretty much need to sell the rest of the first team squad before you sell silva......not one one ht back line (including the goalkeeper has performed as consistently as him - maybe stones but thats about it)

In the rest of the midfield only fernandihnio is on a par with a level of consistent performances...KDB has been very hit and miss..started slowly, got better and then vs barca and southampton (even before the injury) he was very poor..

and up front only Sterling is.

The rest (by your standards) should be shipped out as well.

Silva has played consistently well this season and the effort he has put into adapting to Peps game is phenomenal.

Yes he may retire to Spain (quite obviously really) but I think he has this season and next in him first. I get what you say about yaya and zabba and you are right with certainly yaya..he should have been sld last season if not the season before. But silva game doesn't rely on running...his intelligence will allow him to play longer at a higher level than the affair mentioned two..plus his style of play (and positioning)

Page 60 - Back to his best.
Page 84 - Past it and needs to be sold whilst he has a value.

One month difference between pages.

Bluemoon....

LOL.....So true.....add in a sprinkling of a couple of wee placed and subtle media articles and we are there.......some people eh?!?!?

I think he's defensive efforts are being overlooked. He was very good at helping stranggle Barcelonna's pivot and the 1 time he missed his assignment he chased Busquet or Pique down and injured him trying to get back in the play.

Folks should not undervalue his defensive contribution this season. Even when he is not playing well offensively his defensive effort has been stellar. And as you know I'm normally a big critic, so this isn't me happy clapping. His effort on the press and harassing tackling has been very good. Frankly it might be part of the reason why he is not so great on offense in a few games. Coz he actually has to expend energy on defense.

Unlike in years gone by when he got a pass while everyone railed about Yaya's soft defense.

fully agree about his defensive contribution

And you're blinded by some loyalty as he's your 'amigo'...

Some of us actually understand the game, and measuring your dick size over one mans perception as to being a 'bigger blue' is at its very essence, small time...

People saw this 12 months ago, reinforced that he started the season in exactly the same vain last season, yet were shot down as is the etiquette on here..

Are you switching teams when Dave pitches up in the sun?

Sorry Im calling you on that one...some of us that understand the game also at a reasonably decent level are of the opinion that Silva still has plenty to offer.......him and ferna have been our most consistent midfielders this season

You are calling someone for 'dick measuring" as someone else said yet coming out with "some of us actually understand the game" is actually a tad ironic don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.