David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but there’s a huge difference between wanting Silva sold, and thinking that he’s not quite as effective in the big games as some people would like us to believe.

Two of our early victories were CL Play off strolls against a poor Steaua Bucharest that wouldn’t have been necessary if Silva and his mates had performed last season. He wasn’t alone, but let’s not kid ourselves that there wasn’t a problem.
This season, he’s been better, but still faded when things were going wrong at Celtic, Spurs and Barcelona.

Call me out all you want, I'll hold my own with anyone on here when it comes to debating the game, and certainly from no marks spouting that you are some kind of 'bigger blue' by seing something that you don't..... 'No blue would say that', stfu and get out of his duds, it's a forum for debate, my opinion, and anyone who's a member, have the right to debate the point, not shot down as having ulterior motives, we following???

Learn to follow a narrative of discussion, when 'one' is shot down as being inferior in knowledge because it distinctly disagrees with there viewpoint, then yeah, a subtle 'some of us' will be introduced....

I agree on the "bigger blue" bit but then you say you know more (or thats what you were hinting at) compared to bluewhit it reeks of arrogance and the point of a forum (or maybe this is just my take on a forum) is to listen to others debates. Anyone who thinks they know everything and better than others will be unwilling to learn and won't become better/more knowledgeable and that goes for you, me, bluewhit and right the way through to Pep. I don't know either of you and personally i don't care but I was simply noticing the irony in your post about attacking people doing the same. I never claimed to know more or less, I just used your words so you can see how ironic and possibly arrogant that is. And I love a debate hence being on a forum.

Im not sure what you mean in the "get out of his duds" remark.......Im guessing its not that important.

Sorry, but there’s a huge difference between wanting Silva sold, and thinking that he’s not quite as effective in the big games as some people would like us to believe.

Two of our early victories were CL Play off strolls against a poor Steaua Bucharest that wouldn’t have been necessary if Silva and his mates had performed last season. He wasn’t alone, but let’s not kid ourselves that there wasn’t a problem.
This season, he’s been better, but still faded when things were going wrong at Celtic, Spurs and Barcelona.
So two out of the 10 we won didn't count? everyone has dropped off a cliff so to single out dave is wrong

So two out of the 10 we won didn't count? everyone has dropped off a cliff so to single out dave is wrong

No,
I didn't say that they didn't count, and I've made no attempt to single him out. I merely disagree that he's back to his best.
You're putting words in my mouth.

No,
I didn't say that they didn't count, and I've made no attempt to single him out. I merely disagree that he's back to his best.
You're putting words in my mouth.
He was excellent first 10 games as the pages of this thread were full of praise for him,he has to adjust his game a bit for pep and he is doing no worse than anyone else in that regard,he is not the same as 2012 but that is age for you,we have bigger probs than dave

I agree on the "bigger blue" bit but then you say you know more (or thats what you were hinting at) compared to bluewhit it reeks of arrogance and the point of a forum (or maybe this is just my take on a forum) is to listen to others debates. Anyone who thinks they know everything and better than others will be unwilling to learn and won't become better/more knowledgeable and that goes for you, me, bluewhit and right the way through to Pep. I don't know either of you and personally i don't care but I was simply noticing the irony in your post about attacking people doing the same. I never claimed to know more or less, I just used your words so you can see how ironic and possibly arrogant that is. And I love a debate hence being on a forum.

Im not sure what you mean in the "get out of his duds" remark.......Im guessing its not that important.

I mean this in the very simplest of terms, Simon, you have merely regurgitated what ive just said - I'm not arguing over a mute point anyway, I merely take offence at those who use the usual 'rag deploy' when someone disagrees, I mean I could say you're a shit fan because you don't attends games and can't possibly be as knowledgable as those who do, would that be correct??

And you're blinded by some loyalty as he's your 'amigo'...

Some of us actually understand the game, and measuring your dick size over one mans perception as to being a 'bigger blue' is at its very essence, small time...

People saw this 12 months ago, reinforced that he started the season in exactly the same vain last season, yet were shot down as is the etiquette on here..

Are you switching teams when Dave pitches up in the sun?
What an absolute cock you are being.

I never said I was a bigger blue than anyone.

You and another on here seem to be into dick measuring... you're not related are you?

I'm a City fan of 40 plus years & I happen to have a friend who is David Silva. I will always be a City fan which fortunately funds permitting means continuing to renew my season ticket and see a few away games including the odd European one. I'm also proud to say I will always be a friend of the Silvas.

How dare you infer my knowledge of football is inferior to yours. Arrogant in the extreme.

He's good when we're playing well, but when we're not good neither is he. Doesn't take games by the scruff of the neck. I've said this for a couple of years now. However the new manager appears to like him, so that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.