David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep it civil fellas. You can have different opinions without resorting to insults.

He's good when we're playing well, but when we're not good neither is he. Doesn't take games by the scruff of the neck. I've said this for a couple of years now. However the new manager appears to like him, so that's that.

That's probably a fair assessment. That said, I'm not sure anyone in our squad is consistently good when the team collectively are playing badly? I'd always have him in my starting XI when fit.

I mean this in the very simplest of terms, Simon, you have merely regurgitated what ive just said - I'm not arguing over a mute point anyway, I merely take offence at those who use the usual 'rag deploy' when someone disagrees, I mean I could say you're a shit fan because you don't attends games and can't possibly be as knowledgable as those who do, would that be correct??

its upto you whether you think its correct or not.....that would be your opinion. its not correct or incorrect its just an opinion. The "rag" tag is used quite commonly on here (wrongly) in my opinion my numerous board members and like you say is wrong. But some seem to get away with it while others don't. I do wonder why that is sometimes. (I have no need for an answer to that question by the way).

I think Silva has plenty to offer and if we are talking about level of performance over the last 12 months then yes he wasn't at his best last year (but none of the team were)......Bluewhit was merely pointing out that was due to an ongoing injury that he was struggling with that never had time to rest until after the season in-between the end and the start of the euros. You could clearly see the strapping on his ankle at times during games. There was also numerous reports of him having injections to deal with the pain.

This season he has been as good as anyone (with maybe the exception of fernandihno). Yes he will need rotating at times (I think this is to EVERYONES advantage; his and the teams). I also don't think that he KDB and Ilky can play in the same team with also ferna (at the moment)...I think its just too congested and I don't think its a coincidence that every since Ilky came into the team that the teams performances have gone down (also coinciding with going to 3 at the back to accommodate the extra midfielder (and also cause we have a problem with fitness in the fullback areas). Im not for one second saying that this is down to Ilky........i think either they have to get used to playing with each other or that maybe we need to rotate the 4 midfielders around and only play 3 of them.....we definitely looked more fluid with silva and KDB backed up by ferna.

Either that or we play ferna as a fullback (right side) - he certainly could do this role and in the way Pep plays his fullbacks he would be great in that position i think.

Ill say again...there are numerous of the existing squad that need to be got rid of...........plenty of them well before we even considering replacing silva. We will have to go a long way to finding a player as good as him. KDB offers more goal threat but as far as dictating a tempo of a game he doesn't come close at the moment..KDB is a fantastic player but he doesn't run a game...silva does so much more than just play nice passes...he is constantly organising others (no surprise that he has been handed the captaincy at times)...he aint a leader like vinnie who clearly stands out but he is one of a few who is Peps voice on the pitch. (I think Pep is trying to do that with stones as well)

its upto you whether you think its correct or not.....that would be your opinion. its not correct or incorrect its just an opinion. The "rag" tag is used quite commonly on here (wrongly) in my opinion my numerous board members and like you say is wrong. But some seem to get away with it while others don't. I do wonder why that is sometimes. (I have no need for an answer to that question by the way).

I think Silva has plenty to offer and if we are talking about level of performance over the last 12 months then yes he wasn't at his best last year (but none of the team were)......Bluewhit was merely pointing out that was due to an ongoing injury that he was struggling with that never had time to rest until after the season in-between the end and the start of the euros. You could clearly see the strapping on his ankle at times during games. There was also numerous reports of him having injections to deal with the pain.

This season he has been as good as anyone (with maybe the exception of fernandihno). Yes he will need rotating at times (I think this is to EVERYONES advantage; his and the teams). I also don't think that he KDB and Ilky can play in the same team with also ferna (at the moment)...I think its just too congested and I don't think its a coincidence that every since Ilky came into the team that the teams performances have gone down (also coinciding with going to 3 at the back to accommodate the extra midfielder (and also cause we have a problem with fitness in the fullback areas). Im not for one second saying that this is down to Ilky........i think either they have to get used to playing with each other or that maybe we need to rotate the 4 midfielders around and only play 3 of them.....we definitely looked more fluid with silva and KDB backed up by ferna.

Either that or we play ferna as a fullback (right side) - he certainly could do this role and in the way Pep plays his fullbacks he would be great in that position i think.

Ill say again...there are numerous of the existing squad that need to be got rid of...........plenty of them well before we even considering replacing silva. We will have to go a long way to finding a player as good as him. KDB offers more goal threat but as far as dictating a tempo of a game he doesn't come close at the moment..KDB is a fantastic player but he doesn't run a game...silva does so much more than just play nice passes...he is constantly organising others (no surprise that he has been handed the captaincy at times)...he aint a leader like vinnie who clearly stands out but he is one of a few who is Peps voice on the pitch. (I think Pep is trying to do that with stones as well)
Rag.

He's good when we're playing well, but when we're not good neither is he. Doesn't take games by the scruff of the neck. I've said this for a couple of years now. However the new manager appears to like him, so that's that.
Don't get it ....

So David is a liar then? This is what he has told me and I've relayed this on here several times. He played with pain in his right ankle for months having injections at times. It's the truth.

David Silva is not a liar & neither am I.
Never said you were a liar....but I don't understand any player or his club who continues to play in pain, pain which reduces his influence and ability on the pitch considerably. When the player only needed a couple of weeks rest.

What an absolute cock you are being.

I never said I was a bigger blue than anyone.

You and another on here seem to be into dick measuring... you're not related are you?

I'm a City fan of 40 plus years & I happen to have a friend who is David Silva. I will always be a City fan which fortunately funds permitting means continuing to renew my season ticket and see a few away games including the odd European one. I'm also proud to say I will always be a friend of the Silvas.

How dare you infer my knowledge of football is inferior to yours. Arrogant in the extreme.

How dare I? You moron, you called somebody out on being a blue because they disagree with a particular players value, or are you ignoring that? I don't see a retraction, an admittance, just a perfect time to play the victim card.....

I'll give you this though, at least you can grasp the term 'inference', understandable though as you got the ball rolling wth the 'I'm the biggest blue' nonsense...

I couldnt give a flying what your knowledge is, this is point proved, a select few will shoot you down should it differ to your own, you jumped down a persons throat to dare have an opinion... There you go justifying your 'biggest blue' title again by telling me 40 years, and?

I mean this in the very simplest of terms, Simon, you have merely regurgitated what ive just said - I'm not arguing over a mute point anyway, I merely take offence at those who use the usual 'rag deploy' when someone disagrees, I mean I could say you're a shit fan because you don't attends games and can't possibly be as knowledgable as those who do, would that be correct??

'Moot'...

Who have we had in the last few years who actually will grab a game by the scruff of the neck and turn it around for us?

1) Yaya
2)...
3)...

Aguero's not really the type to turn around a game singlehandedly, nor is KDB. They might capitalise on some forward momentum, but when we are not functioning or behind both seem to end up feeding on scraps.

Sterling IMO has the never-say-die attitude for it but hasn't done it yet.

Nasri did it a few times but he's gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.