David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you switching teams when Dave pitches up in the sun?

This is what I was responding to when stating I've supported City for 40 years. In other words I was a City fan before DS rolled up and I will be long after he's gone.

So no I will not be switching teams if that's OK with you.

Who have we had in the last few years who actually will grab a game by the scruff of the neck and turn it around for us?

1) Yaya
2)...
3)...

Aguero's not really the type to turn around a game singlehandedly, nor is KDB. They might capitalise on some forward momentum, but when we are not functioning or behind both seem to end up feeding on scraps.

Sterling IMO has the never-say-die attitude for it but hasn't done it yet.

Nasri did it a few times but he's gone now.

Spot on. Aguero, KDB & Nasri have come up clutch with goals every now and then but take the game by force and sheer quality? Never.(Still time for KDB). Also why I think Yaya is the best since ta the takeover, maybe ever, and why I think Silva(for all his grace & ability) isn't up there Yaya, Kun & even Tevez.

Spot on. Aguero, KDB & Nasri have come up clutch with goals every now and then but take the game by force and sheer quality? Never.(Still time for KDB). Also why I think Yaya is the best since ta the takeover, maybe ever, and why I think Silva(for all his grace & ability) isn't up there Yaya, Kun & even Tevez.

So much wrong with this!

Yaya is a legend but the best ever.... come on chap!! Plus he is severely clouding his memory now unfortunately
Similar Spanish Dave who has been similarly legendary in our rise and to say he isn't 'up there' is staggering!!
Not taking away from the equally huge impacts of Mssrs Kun, Carlos and of course Vinny

Dave is and always has been the play maker,the provider, so to put the he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck is poor form from those trying to find a reason he is finished,thought better of blues

Dave is and always has been the play maker,the provider, so to put the he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck is poor form from those trying to find a reason he is finished,thought better of blues
Dave is also inconsistent....we get 1 world class and 2 good games every 5 and we suffer when his form dips. His finishing and indecision in the last 3rd is always suspect. That said on his day world class, but not consistent enough to be considered world class.

Dave is also inconsistent....we get 1 world class and 2 good games every 5 and we suffer when his form dips. His finishing and indecision in the last 3rd is always suspect. That said on his day world class, but not consistent enough to be considered world class.
When you look at his contribution over his years here he has indeed been world class,poor last year because of injury but everyone was bad,brilliant first 10 games as this thread has recorded,not great now but no-one is, but posters who demanded he was finished in the summer are now back to lay more blame at his door,we have never needed him to score a lot of goals so why start now? 12 last season wasn't it?

When you look at his contribution over his years here he has indeed been world class,poor last year because of injury but everyone was bad,brilliant first 10 games as this thread has recorded,not great now but no-one is, but posters who demanded he was finished in the summer are now back to lay more blame at his door,we have never needed him to score a lot of goals so why start now? 12 last season wasn't it?
No doubting on his day he's class, i think he's always been inconsistent, im certainly not saying he's finished for City and as you say last season with his ankle would not be fair to judge him. I'm saying it as i see it, when Silva is off form City play poorly. I think all of our attack this season has been off form at some time, which is why we haven't handed out lessons and why we scored 2 in 5 games. It's attack not defence which our current problem, hope we put things right today !

It was funny reading the fucktards comments on here about Silva being finished in the summer, to continue making those comments now after the first 10 games of this season just proves they're fucktards even more.

At this stage in his career he needs to be rested occasionally but with the injuries to Gundogan and De Bruyne that's not been possible yet this season but that's not Dave's fault. You can't expect a player at 30/31 who has taken so many kicks to his ankles over the years to be able to play every game to the best of his ability, it's impossible but you can't fault his effort or technical ability.

I don't think the switch to 3241 has helped him either in all honesty because that central midfield area becomes a bit too crowded and he doesn't get the space to play his game, although I think that's more to do with the teams lack of cohesion playing that system with the limited time we've had to work on it.

Wiki says 4 goals for David Silva last season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.