David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.

It's a weird one, Yaya's biggest fans only seem to mention the Newcastle game and the cup finals where he was brilliant. They don't mention his performance at Old Trafford when we got battered 4, which was one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen from a professional footballer.

Yaya's highs were incredibly high, but his lows were also incredibly low. Sadly, there has been a lot more lows recently.

Whereas Silva has maintained an incredibly high standard throughout his City career. Even last season when he was injured and off form, he was still our top assist maker in the league. Even more assists than "Player of the season" DeBruyne.

Yaya did show up in a lot of big games and was intrumental in us winning some of them. He will rightly go down as one of our greatest ever players. But for me, David Silva is the best I've ever seen play for the club based on his whole career, not just 3 or 4 big games.
Fuck me, the man was simply pointing out who grabbed games by the scruff in recent history. Yaya and Tevez were those kind of players. Silva isn't ( at least in his opinion), I don't think he was trying to judge who your greatest player was.

Frankly, I think "grab a game by the scruff" is a silly fan saying and really doesn't have a true meaning. But that's just me :)

Dave is also inconsistent....we get 1 world class and 2 good games every 5 and we suffer when his form dips. His finishing and indecision in the last 3rd is always suspect. That said on his day world class, but not consistent enough to be considered world class.

100+ Spanish caps, plus his World Cup and European Championship winners medals, says he probably is. Mind you he's clearly not in the same league as Wayne 'world class' Rooney......

100+ Spanish caps, plus his World Cup and European Championship winners medals, says he probably is. Mind you he's clearly not in the same league as Wayne 'world class' Rooney......
I really do not know what goes through people's heads.
If merlin isn't world class no one is.
I've been watching city since 84 and this guy is in the top ten I've seen in our team or anyone against us.
Good night

I really do not know what goes through people's heads.
If merlin isn't world class no one is.
I've been watching city since 84 and this guy is in the top ten I've seen in our team or anyone against us.
Good night

I know. Probably the most graceful and visionary player we've ever had and there's any number of nitpicking posts about him. Unbelievable Jeff!

I really should avoid this thread. There is so much crap. David is quite simply the best footballer that we have had since the takeover. He is also a fantastic ambassador and role model that any kid that wants to play football should emulate. World class.

The hide and seek champion 8/10 today.
P.s: You have to stop snitching on us mate. Saw David taking shots from everywhere today. It's like someone told him some silly fans have been doubting his shooting abilities. :?

Was that you mate ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.