David Silva Central Role

Kippax Street 1880 said:
bondsman said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:

Fabregas better player IMO. Far more consistent.

He doesn't even get on the pitch consistently.

Think I read that he was second only to messi last year in terms of appearances and created most chances. Could be wrong tbf but if you just consider the player he was at arsenal you will be hard pushes to deny he isnt a better all round player than silva IMO. I think David goes missing a lot at times last season he was abysmal but he generally gets an easy ride from us as fans compared to even yaya.

Cesc is a much better player than Silva I'm afraid. Tore the PL apart season after season. Silva is obviously more adaptable though, wouldn't want Cesc starting on our right hand side lol. As far as playing #10 in the PL goes, I'd take Cesc over Silva every time.

Unquestionably Cesc is a much better player than Silva. Furthermore if we are to go with one upfront next season we will require a decent goal contribution from the man playing just behind and a huge shortcoming in Silvas game is his ability to finish. Hopefully the added creativity make take away some of the pressure from Silva, allowing him to be rested, as he has continuous football for a number of years.

franksinatra said:
Unquestionably Cesc is a much better player than Silva. Furthermore if we are to go with one upfront next season we will require a decent goal contribution from the man playing just behind and a huge shortcoming in Silvas game is his ability to finish. Hopefully the added creativity make take away some of the pressure from Silva, allowing him to be rested, as he has continuous football for a number of years.
That's where Jovetic comes in imo. Creativity and goals from behind the striker. Jovetic would be wasted on the left. Silva

I like the idea of a 4-3-3 with Silva in the three forwards, the way he plays for Spain.

............................HART
ZAB.........KOMPANY...NASTASIC........CLICHY

.........YAYA......RODWELL....FERNANDINHO

.........SILVA........AGUERO.........JOVETIC

With three midfield powerhouses, any one of whom can roam ahead to assist the forwards, the front three can be interchangeable and won't have major defensive duties. There's a lot of freedom in this system which would allow the likes of Jovetic and Silva to play to their strengths. It would be easy to change it too by using Navas the way Spain do and bring him on for width and pace if things aren't working. The formation by the end of a match could look something like this:

HART
ZAB......KOMPANY....NASTASIC.......CLICHY

...............YAYA........FERNANDINHO/BARRY

NAVAS......KUN/JOVETIC/SILVA.....MILNER/NASRI
..................NEGREDO/DZEKO

I think a lot depends on the situation and the opposition though.

this means that aguero and jovetic will have to be pushed into the left forward/left attacking midfielder role. i don't think it is a good idea.

silva and nasri are fine playing on the left or right.

We will get a take on matters at the Asia trophy as Navas, Jovetic, Negredo and Silva have all flown over there to join up with the squad for the tournament

Firstly Jovetic is not an out and out striker - he can actually play a similar role to Silva and this can allow Silva to be rested every now and again so as not to get burnt out.

I honestly think that they will be able to link up well together as well. We all became aware last season that Silva was doubled up on as he was our main attacking threat, because we had no other foil to take the pressure of him, his game was closed down to quick.

What we have now is Navas and Jovetic who when playing alongside Silva will cause major issues for the opposition. They will only be able to put 2 men on one player at any one time, so this will allow space for our other midfielders

Plus the fact that we could be looking to bring in another winger as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.