David Silva (continued)

Quagmire blue said:
He'll be getting my vote for April player of the month. I know he missed the Sunderland game (no coincidence we struggled without him) and will miss the Palace game but he's been in a league of his own yet again this month.

I reckon Demichelis will come close though after another impressive month from him.

he wasn't injured v sunderland, he was rested, that what pelli does against lower teams. yet again it cost us.

de niro said:
Quagmire blue said:
He'll be getting my vote for April player of the month. I know he missed the Sunderland game (no coincidence we struggled without him) and will miss the Palace game but he's been in a league of his own yet again this month.

I reckon Demichelis will come close though after another impressive month from him.

he wasn't injured v sunderland, he was rested, that what pelli does against lower teams. yet again it cost us.

The fact that he was, demonstrably, carrying an ongoing injury doesn't trouble you then? After all, we've just seen what happens when you risk a player who's nursing a knock haven't we? Correct, you end up losing them for an even longer period (see also Sergio Aguero)........

pikku said:
I would not blame Silva even if he leaves this season..he deserves so much more in terms of achievements and trophies..

You mean a bit like RVP (as many titles as Richard Wright), except David has won the FA Cup, Carling Cup and Premier League.

de niro said:
Quagmire blue said:

If he was absolutely fine to play then that was a mistake from Pelligrini- given we had already been beaten by Sunderland, and taken close in the League Cup they should never have been underestimated. If it was a case of resting Silva I would much rather have seen him rested on Monday.

The reality is, though, his ankle is in such a condition that he couldn't have played 2 games in such quick succession- which is not Pelligrini's fault.

My bigger concern on the night was where was Navas- been poor recently, but you would have brought him on; he has been injured though, hasn't he? - again, not Pelligrinis fault.

de niro said:
Quagmire blue said:

He wasn't rested 'cos it gave him a well-earned breather. I think his ankle is a constant cause for concern and this might have been a match where he could have been kicked up in the air by Larsson (he has previous). And, like the rest of us, Pellers might have thought that Sunderland were in a bad patch. They were, before we, CFC and Mike Dean helped them out.

de niro said:
Quagmire blue said:

He was injured, he didn't train 2 days previous to the game, not because of special treatment!!!!

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
He deserves so much more than Three trophies in four years.
Well he would have 4 in 4 if he, and his colleagues turned up to the FA cup final last year.

Hope his injury isn't as bad as first feared, by far our best and most influential player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.