David Silva (continued)

Highlights a weakness in our squad.....a team full of forwards, but not many attacking midfielders

Marvin said:
Highlights a weakness in our squad.....a team full of forwards, but not many attacking midfielders

I like Jovetic though, he impresses me every time I see him - if he can stay fit he could be very important next season. He's not a Silva but he's closer to it than Nasri IMO.

lancs blue said:
Marvin said:

I like Jovetic though, he impresses me every time I see him - if he can stay fit he could be very important next season. He's not a Silva but he's closer to it than Nasri IMO.[/quote

good player him and aguero up top wud create shedload of chances.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
He deserves so much more than Three trophies in four years.

Yep, that's why in wrote in one of my posts after Liverpool game that you don't find Silvas, Agueros and Yayas on the tree so often, so better use such privilege of having them to win stuff or things might get even worse when they leave.

This generation underachieved severely. You may think about some Real Madrid squads that failed to live up to their reputation, and I can't recall many other examples of underachievers like this City squad if we fail to win this title.

MSP said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
He deserves so much more than Three trophies in four years.

Yep, that's why in wrote in one of my posts after Liverpool game that you don't find Silvas, Agueros and Yayas on the tree so often, so better use such privilege of having them to win stuff or things might get even worse when they leave.

This generation underachieved severely. You may think about some Real Madrid squads that failed to live up to their reputation, and I can't recall many other examples of underachievers like this City squad if we fail to win this title.

I like your optimism

I feel so sorry for Merlin, having to sit out the game and watch the team basically bottle it.

His efforts to drag us almost singlehandedly towards the title now appear to be in vain.

I only wish his guts and determination were contagious. If so we would have romped the title in.

I would not blame Silva even if he leaves this season..he deserves so much more in terms of achievements and trophies..

jollylescott said:
I feel so sorry for Merlin, having to sit out the game and watch the team basically bottle it.

His efforts to drag us almost singlehandedly towards the title now appear to be in vain.

I only wish his guts and determination were contagious. If so we would have romped the title in.

This. Deserves so much better than to be let down by a set of gutless bottle-merchants, who tossed the game off last night - and with it the chance of the title, in all probability.

Even in the first half against Liverpool, he was the only one who stood up to be counted, who wanted the ball all the time as the rest of the side went hiding, just because they were being pressed hard. Same in the Bayern game at home.

I think I'd die a little bit if he ever left. The only crumb of solace would be that if he went to Bayern or Madrid, he'd get both the trophies and the recognition he deserves as one of the very, very best players on the planet.

He'll be getting my vote for April player of the month. I know he missed the Sunderland game (no coincidence we struggled without him) and will miss the Palace game but he's been in a league of his own yet again this month.

I reckon Demichelis will come close though after another impressive month from him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.