David Silva (continued)

Proelia said:
Jack74 said:
kun said:
Was the best player on the pitch today, for either side.

Really granted that free kick was amazing , how do u that ,what look at the at the wall they had and gently pass in2 the ankle , granted played in the 2nd half
Are mods completely blind to this twats continuous trolling?
Must be, the shite he comes out with when discussing Silva is astonishing.

He has to continue in the No.10 role. I realise that all teams should defend from the front but the less defensive duties he has, the better. Not saying he can't defend, I just think when he doesn't have a winger or fullback to pick up he can glide into more dangerous positions ready for when we get the ball back. This may mean a more solid 3 in midfield but maybe the time has come to change the structure of the team in others areas of the pitch to accommodate Dave in the No.10 role.

hobbsisablue said:
He has to continue in the No.10 role. I realise that all teams should defend from the front but the less defensive duties he has, the better. Not saying he can't defend, I just think when he doesn't have a winger or fullback to pick up he can glide into more dangerous positions ready for when we get the ball back. This may mean a more solid 3 in midfield but maybe the time has come to change the structure of the team in others areas of the pitch to accommodate Dave in the No.10 role.

Totally agree... We dont see the best of him when he starts wide and can drift. His best position is behind striker in the the No. 10 role for me, with licence to go where he wants... Not sure we have to go with 3 behind him (If that's what you meant).

Yaya/Garcia Fernandinho

Milner/Navas Silva Nasri

.. Aguero

When it comes to playing a 'high pressing' game, though, Silva actually defends very well, constantly pressuring defenders/defensive midfielders of the opposition.

Here's a thing; the next time you watch a game take note of the times that opposition players rush a pass and play the ball to a City player because of pressure by Silva. It happens a lot.

He' straight out of the Iniesta/Xavi' /Fabregas mould for this.

meher said:
He is our best player!!!
It is me again.............can't help it................................Silva is Gold.!!!!
I am hoping we can get a solid defence and a pacey goalscorer before Spanish Dave moves on to greener pastures or retires.
IMO best player I've seen at CITY.

P.S. When do the journos. pick player of the season?. But hold on .........I suppose Stevie G is already nailed on?. God help us.

Bluearmy said:
hobbsisablue said:

Totally agree... We dont see the best of him when he starts wide and can drift. His best position is behind striker in the the No. 10 role for me, with licence to go where he wants... Not sure we have to go with 3 behind him (If that's what you meant).

Yaya/Garcia Fernandinho

Milner/Navas Silva Nasri

.. Aguero

I really don't know about Aguero up front on his own, and this line-up fails to get the best out of Yaya too. Maybe we should look at playing a diamond in some games:

-----------------------Garcia------------------------

Yaya Touré----------------------Fernandinho

-----------------------Silva----------------------------

----Aguero-------------------------Negredo-----

In fact, with Yaya out at the moment, Milner could play that role perfectly. You'd have to play Kolarov to provide the width but Garcia sitting deep and the mobility of Milner and Fernandinho in midfield would make that a pretty strong formation for us right now.

Footballing genius. Hardly ever loses the ball and sees the whole of the game much better than any player I can think of past or present. Just a shame his legs aren't three inches long or he'd have got to Sergio's cross yesterday and the whole game would have been different.

Haslingdon said:
When it comes to playing a 'high pressing' game, though, Silva actually defends very well, constantly pressuring defenders/defensive midfielders of the opposition.

Here's a thing; the next time you watch a game take note of the times that opposition players rush a pass and play the ball to a City player because of pressure by Silva. It happens a lot.

He' straight out of the Iniesta/Xavi' /Fabregas mould for this.

Correct - however closing down defenders when they have the ball is a different type of defending than tracking a winger / fullback making runs off the ball. Silva is much better at the former and is truly wasted when asked to do the latter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.