David Silva [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUManUtd said:
guys, valencia is cash strapped right now and they want the most money out of their sales, they wont care where silva wants to go.
i think that we might sign him by monday, after spain's game and stuff.

I think they would sell to Chelsea for less if Silva makes it clear that he does not want to go to City. Sorry, but that's reality.

Pigeonho said:
Matt the very impressive Giant said:
The thing is, it doesn't seem as if David really wants to come here does it? I mean, if so, the deal would pretty much be done by now. He wants to go to Barca, or if England he prefers Chelsea, and if he doesn't want to make the move here, how could he be forced to? I doubt that.

So, I think he is more likely to stay in Spain, or move to London than to join us.
This. Fair play to him if he does too as it'll show more motivates him than a few quid.

But he may also be motivated by helping a Club to achieve its "project"
No reason why a clause couldn`t be inserted into his Contract, that he can move on, if we don`t reach the CL by next season.
We`d certainly get our money back,his salary for one season alone could be clawed back from shirt sales and the likes.
However he may like the bright lights of London,Madrid or Barcelona before Manchester.

Torres could be the key to this deal! If we are going to go for him it may well pursuede both parties to sign.

I'm sorry but some of you are underselling our club imo, we have a fantastic future ahead of us, if players are too short sighted to see that then fcuk em.

Why wouldn't silva consider us? it's not all about the money we can offer (although i know it helps) we have a superb project where we are aiming for the title next season, we got some excellent players here already, looks like yaya wants in on the action..... if a player like yaya can be convinced then so can silva imo.

Chelsea could snatch Silva
Winger's agent claims he could decide against City move

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6225910,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 10,00.html</a>

fxxking Chelsea

The Fixer said:
I'm sorry but some of you are underselling our club imo, we have a fantastic future ahead of us, if players are too short sighted to see that then fcuk em.

Why wouldn't silva consider us? it's not all about the money we can offer (although i know it helps) we have a superb project where we are aiming for the title next season, we got some excellent players here already, looks like yaya wants in on the action..... if a player like yaya can be convinced then so can silva imo.

I don`t think its a case of "underselling our club" more of a reality check.
However,this is where the work starts with Messrs Cook,Marwood and Mancini in "selling the club and its project" to Silva !!
Fingers crossed.

are we a little further on with this now or is it just lazy journalism again from MEN ?

Blues close in on Silva

City have agreed a £30m fee for Spain’s World Cup star David Silva with his club Valencia.

But now the hard bargaining begins for the Blues, as they have to persuade the brilliant playmaker to forsake Champions League football next season and join the Eastlands revolution.

Blues boss Roberto Mancini will now try to sell his vision of a bright new City future to the 24-year-old ace, as well as dangling a five-year deal which would make Silva one of the highest-paid players in the Premier League.

Valencia are drowning under a tidal wave of debt and have always indicated they would sell their best players to the highest bidders – having sold David Villa to Barcelona for £35m last month.

The City sticking point appears to be Silva’s reluctance to move to a club not involved in Europe’s elite club competition.

But talk from the Spain camp in South Africa suggests he may have been given a different impression of City by Liverpool players Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina, and former England-based stars Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa – who have marked out City as a team of the future.

The fact the Blues are also in the advanced stages of a £25m deal for Barcelona’s midfield linchpin Yaya Toure will also have made Silva sit up and take notice.

With City still pondering an improved bid for Aston Villa’s England starlet James Milner, Mancini appears intent on a total re-build of his midfield next season.

Martin Petrov was the first casualty of that overhaul, after being released and signed by Bolton and Stevie Ireland and Craig Bellamy’s positions at the club will also come under scrutiny if Silva signs.

BlueDejong said:
Chelsea could snatch Silva
Winger's agent claims he could decide against City move

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6225910,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 10,00.html</a>

fxxking Chelsea

Load of cobblers, re-hash of other stories.

Media desperate for him not to come to us.

avoidconfusion said:
FUManUtd said:
guys, valencia is cash strapped right now and they want the most money out of their sales, they wont care where silva wants to go.
i think that we might sign him by monday, after spain's game and stuff.

I think they would sell to Chelsea for less if Silva makes it clear that he does not want to go to City. Sorry, but that's reality.

Have to say I agree. He's made it clear he would prefer there and I'm sure he'll still be a rich enough man that City's contract offer can afford to be ignored. It's all down to how we sell our vision of the future to him against Chelsea showing him silverware and CL football. You could easily understand why Silva would rather head for London for now.

I was told that United went in for Silva at the same time as us but we "blew them out of the water" with the fee.

Silva said he wanted two weeks to speak to Real Madrid. It sounds like that's not going to happen so I think he's coming.

I always said once RM have decided their targets then we are going to be in the running for the players they overlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.