David Silva retires from football (pg13)

I became a City fan because of his goal vs Blackpool.. never knew he wasn't a 20 goal scorer, never knew City had been a team in turmoil.. just fell in love with ability that could make a defense look utterly stupid.

It was Maradona-esque!

Thank you everything El Mago! Hope you have a lot of fun times in his retirement!

you know, some people consider football players lucky bastards, and to some extent they are. David Silva was blessed with such sublime skill that no one really came close to his ability and no one could do what he did so consistently,

Having said that, the poor guy didn’t half have some terrible luck in life. No money in the world would have helped him when his son was suffering, then of course no real goodbye because of Covid, now an amazing career is forced to end.

What a player Silva was, and what a human.

Sadly I had a feeling this was going to be the case for him, for any player who’s game is heavily reliant on twisting and turning, your ACL going is probably the worst possible injury you could get.

There’s not just the physical aspect of it, but there’s a mental/psychological side to it too, you just know it’s never right, even after a reconstruction, you can feel the instability (you have a constant reminder of that in your other leg of how it ‘should’ feel), and it’s always in the back of your mind, it’s not a problem running in straight lines, but as soon as you deviate from that, by your own intentions, or just being nudged off balance, you know you’re in trouble.

It’s the right decision for me, trying to get over it and adapt when you’re younger, is one thing, but 37 is too much of an ask, and hope it doesn’t cause him too many problems as he gets older, either way, he’ll always be a legend and best wishes to the lad.

Merlin deserves to sit at the head of the table with King Colin. When he played for us, we were privileged to witness a supreme artist at work.

His first touch, his vision, and his humility translated to being a true City legend.

So go well to Gran Canaria, knowing in your heart that you sit in the pantheon of City greats.

Wonderful bloke & a fantastic player, I am 61 & although King Colin will always be my favorite ever player David is a very close second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.