David Silva trending world wide on twitter

jjeangi said:
lee-mcfc said:
reading page 3 has just made me laugh but some decent comments on there

*warning* its ragcafe..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/david-silva-312105/index3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/david-silva-3 ... ndex3.html</a>

"The way City line up you would think it would be perfect for Silva, yet instead he's played high up the field wide on the left and that's probably the reason why he had such an understated season last time out

If he was played centrally in a 3 then I reckon he'd easily get the same size praise as the likes of Modric got in the media last season

Next season for instance City should be lining up;

--------------------Hart---------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
------------------De Jong-------------
----------Y.Toure---------Silva--------
Aguero-----------------------------???
------------------Tevez------------------

That's actually a scarily good midfield, dare I say almost the perfect foil against Barc"
↑ Straight from the RagCafe

That thread start off OK, but then those totally bereft of City knowledge join in. And you get a few gems like this:

"I think City would do better and would have done better as a team if Milner played instead of Silva"

Some quality comments on sadcafe...

I'll say again, 9 assists last year, the same as Adam, Downing, Barton, Crouch, Odemwinge and VDV and 4 goals.

I like my luxury players more productive.

He's a nice player to watch and his ball for Dzeko's goal today was gorgeous BUT...I think his contribution to City so far has been way overrated. He spent much of the first half of last season bedding in, coming from the bench and producing little on many an occasion, the second half of the season saw him improve to the extent he made himself a fixture in the City starting eleven but I wouldn't say he pulled up many trees even then tbh, certainly by the standards he's set at Valencia and with Spain in the past.

The jury is still out on whether he was worth £28m or whether that and his salary provides value for money, has to do much more to justify the OTT acclaim he gets IMO.

Both of whom played a lot less than Silva, and as I've said many times in this thread creativity isn't seen as Fletcher's primary role and yet on an assist/goal per match comparison they are very similar.

For players such as Silva stats are hugely important. I maintain that defensively Silva often unbalances the team due to his lack of positional discipline as well as the fact he isn't very effective when defending himself. For players such as these, and I would count Nani amongst them, they need to be hugely productive to merit their place in the team as having a more rounded player playing could enable others to play more freely and mean that the team as a whole contributes more. Nani is hugely productive, while Silva is not.

I genuinely feel that one of the reasons City were so often able to be contained last year was the fact that in order to accommodate Silva others had to play a more defensive role than would otherwise have been the case, and that this had a negative effect on their season.

My point is that Silva's presence forces them to play in a way that relies on few players in an attacking sense, due to the need to assign other players more defensive roles, and that he is simply not productive enough to justify it. Milner was hugely productive at Villa, Dzeko, Johnson, Balotelli etc. can all play but in order to accommodate Silva they've either had to not play them or in the case of someone like Milner assign him a role quite different to the one in which he excelled at Villa.

I think City would do better and would have done better as a team if Milner played instead of Silva. I feel that last season this would have enabled them to drop Barry more regularly, have Yaya in a slightly deeper role and enabled them to play one of Balotelli or Dzeko with Tevez more often, or alternatively play two true wingers, and I think that this would have made them a more formidable prospect than they were.

HAHAHAHA

What's wrong with what I said? The line up I proposed seems eminently feasible, and if it were its surely not too much of a leap to suggest that such a line up would be more productive than making an effort to incorporate the not too productive Silva.

It's great when people don't watch a player week in week out and then pass judgement on him

this time last year - and well in to the new seaon - the threads were about how he could'nt possibly cut it in the premier league!
hopefully lesson learned for those people - if you're good enough you're big enough!
by the way, where are all those critics nowadays?

Makes football look effortless. Absolutely one of my favourite players. Assist stats are misleading because they rely on the assisted player scoring. Always finds space but can operate in confined spaces to. I expect him to have a bigger impact this year and then we can spend all next summer keeping barca from him

--------Nigel---------
---Yaya-----Milner
Nasri---Kun---Silva
-------Tevez-------

messy keyboard time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.