David Silva

True Gooner said:
david silva top player but man city fans are going a bit overboard with the comments hes the best number 10 in the world. Best number 10 in my opinion is Wesley Sneijder, no two ways about it. Ive watched Silva for years. He is top class, like the xavis iniesta's fabregas of this world. Silva will become world class if he can perform in big games and become a match winner he only scored the odd big goal for valencia, ie against chelsea in the CL but that was because of a lack of quality around him only David Villa. So far for city silvas scored against blackpool. We will see how good he really is on sunday. Top class player mind.

Making your team play in the big games is a thousand times more valuable than the odd goal.

Absolutely brilliant tonight.
Ade was right to bow down to him :-)

_49609096_adesil.jpg

i've said it several times this season already, but if he carries on working that hard, and using his natural gifts, he will be far and away the best player in this league. i never thought he'd work as hard as he is doing when in the sky blue at the minute, its easy to see why the valencia fans fell in love with him, and its already started here

Tricky_Trev said:
True Gooner said:
First of all I would like to apologize for my antics last week, I promised Ric I would behave and thats what I Intend to do.

I watched the city game against Poznan. As an Arsenal fan I hope Adebayor plays, simply for the reason city are better when they play Tevez up front on his own. This was shown clearly when Silva replaced Ade at Bloomfield Road.

I was suprised at how comfortable Boyata looked, he had an excellent game against chelsea aswell I recall. If Kolo is out I think you have an able replacement. Patrick Vieira impressed me composed on the ball. David Silva, he is like Cesc and Xavi and Iniesta and all the little spanish maestros. Twist and turn and leave you on your backside and have extraordinary vision and technique. Asam Johnson looked good. De Jong looks like his usual self.

Arsenals weak points:

Fabianski, however he is the most confident he has ever been in an Arsenal shirt at the moment, still wont stop him from doing a howler.
Djorou- Worst defender at our club, only has pace nothing else.
Squillaci- no pace.
Clichy- Major major liability.
Song- has an advanced role this season major mistake from wenger, he goes TOO advanced up the pitch.
Arshavin- His work rate worries me.

I hope Lescott, Barry and Adebayor play. Adam Johnson against clichy WORRIES me, clichy is a poor defender. Djorou v tevez likewise hope koscielnys fit. Sagna is back HUGE boost. I reckon Cesc will have the beating of yaya, not sure about NDJ though. Hope diaby can keep him on his toes.

We will line up- Fabianski,sagna,squillaci,djorou,clichy,song,diaby,fabregas,arshavin,chamakh,nasri. Expect rosicky, walcott and bendnter to come off the bench. Prediction 2-1 either way.
Adebayor wont play. That's why he played the full 90 tonight. Adam Johnson wont start either. It will be what we always do in the big games. 451. Tevez upfront, Milner on the left, Silva playing from the right, De Jong, Barry and Yaya in the centre.

"He's scored a hat-trick and he has a good chance of playing against Arsenal. He gave an excellent performance. It was very important for us and for him. A striker needs to score goals and he scored three, so I'm happy for him.

"This was a good victory for us because we are first in the group now. I think it was a good day for all the squad and for Manu, because it was important for him to play well.

"Ade and Tevez can play together - they played against Blackpool together. My teams play always with two strikers, and Manu and Carlos can play together, for sure."
-Gaffer

I nearly came when he gave that ball through to Ade for the 3rd goal. Was simply orgasmic!

People have worried he would easily be knocked off the ball but he has such balance and poise that it appears more difficult for defenders to out-muscle him than first meets the eye.

Silva was easily MOM tonight - despite Ade being given MOM at the ground because of his 3 goals - Silva had a huge huge hand in two of them

AntMcfc said:
carrconormcfc said:
pmsl. Just saw your post in the Adebayor thread, then you come out with this. He's had 2 or 3 good games for us ffs.
What relevance does that have? He's the best #10 in the world, has been for a good while now. Oezil is the real deal but Silva has the edge on him, better finisher, better vision and tougher than him.
For me, people's judgement is being skewed because he plays for us. I'd have him in the top 5 attacking mids in the world at best, lets see him perform in the big games before people label him the best in the world. Offer me a straight swap for Xavi, Iniesta or Sneijder and I'd snap your hand off, as would any other City fan when it comes down to it imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.