David Silva

Bayern player very good defensively, and the TEAM didn't click offensively last night. Only Messi could destroy Bayern alone.. We got the talent to be on level with Manu, Real and Barca on our best nights, but need experience AS A TEAM. There is a lesson too be learned in every game, and this is a pretty new team. A team like Bayern have played together for years, and many even on a national level.

King Geedorah said:
Revolver said:
Silva started played well in the first half but no player can do it all on his own especially against a team like Bayern. Its about time this season that Ya Ya, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero came to the fore in the big games.

Silva is not beyond criticism but he was the best of a bad bunch so far as our attack was concerned last night.

Ye we get this.

But looking over their careers Yaya got both Wembley goals, Nasri 3 assists away at Spurs (Including the opening two), Dzeko scored the opening two goals away at Spurs, Aguero got the assist against Everton that opened the scoring.

Silva doesn't have a goal or assist, where he's unlocked a good organised defence (Ie when they're defending a draw or a lead), to his name yet. Then again he doesn't have an atrocious performance to his name. Maybe that's ok for you, I don't think it is.

I must have been dreaming then against Swansea...Give the guy a break and stop trying to make issues that aren't there.Silva is class-perhaps some of the other players need to shoulder a bit of the creativity and flare.Yaya,Nasri.??

When three or four people surround Silva, that creates space all over that others should exploit. Some of the best players in the world have been marked out of games by "gang tactics" but when so much attention is on nullifying one player others should be there to exploit the space and make something of it. Yaya, Nasri, Aguero, etc.

King Geedorah said:
Revolver said:
Silva started played well in the first half but no player can do it all on his own especially against a team like Bayern. Its about time this season that Ya Ya, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero came to the fore in the big games.

Silva is not beyond criticism but he was the best of a bad bunch so far as our attack was concerned last night.

Ye we get this.

But looking over their careers Yaya got both Wembley goals, Nasri 3 assists away at Spurs (Including the opening two), Dzeko scored the opening two goals away at Spurs, Aguero got the assist against Everton that opened the scoring.

Silva doesn't have a goal or assist, where he's unlocked a good organised defence (Ie when they're defending a draw or a lead), to his name yet.

erm...Everton...?

King Geedorah said:
Revolver said:

Ye we get this.

Silva doesn't have a goal or assist, where he's unlocked a good organised defence (Ie when they're defending a draw or a lead), to his name yet. Then again he doesn't have an atrocious performance to his name. Maybe that's ok for you, I don't think it is.

Well considering he scored the opener against Bolton away, as well as set up Aguero for the first against Fulham and the first against Wigan suggests he contributes to goals when we're at 0-0. (We haven't been behind in a PL game yet so we can't comment on that).

brian the blue said:
Well considering he scored the opener against Bolton away, as well as set up Aguero for the first against Fulham and the first against Wigan suggests he contributes to goals when we're at 0-0. (We haven't been behind in a PL game yet so we can't comment on that).

Bolton, Fulham and Wigan do not have good organised defences.

City Raider said:
erm...Everton...?

Unorganised defence because they were looking for an equaliser.

So when is he going to perform against an organised defence and tough opposition. The OP just seems too eager to criticise this brilliant player so early in the season considering that we have not even played United, Chelsea, Arsenal or even Liverpool yet. I get the feeling that he is actually hoping Silva has a bad game against the so called 'big boys' just to make himself look good.

For me, he is a joy to watch and has made my matchday experience so much more enjoyable.

Whether or not he plays the final killer pass you can be assured that he had a hand in the build up play.
Fantastic player.

In my opinion, and I am not much of an expert, when Silva is off the pitch, City's game dies. Simple as. replace any other player (including Hart and Vincent) with Silva, there is still something. whenever he got replaced the game became so so so difficult. That alone is proof enough for me. Silva is currently the only irreplaceable player in the squad.

br55 said:
So when is he going to perform against an organised defence and tough opposition. The OP just seems too eager to criticise this brilliant player so early in the season considering that we have not even played United, Chelsea, Arsenal or even Liverpool yet. I get the feeling that he is actually hoping Silva has a bad game against the so called 'big boys' just to make himself look good.

For me, he is a joy to watch and has made my matchday experience so much more enjoyable.

I can understand why you think that, but my persistence mainly comes from the amount of abuse I've had. I've said many times I would love for him to prove me wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.