David Silva

Blue Haze said:
They ganged up on him. Had no space whatsoever.

There was one time when he got the ball and two men came at him from the front and one from the back.

Clubs are figuring us out. Stop Silva and stop City.

Yep, Everton managed it for 88 minutes or so.

Hmm, I think there may be a little more than a hint of truth in what the OP has said. I don't think he has performed for us in a big game as of yet. He gave the ball away a good few times last night.

People are making excuses for him, saying that he's being man marked out of games. So what? If he's that good then surely he should still be producing when it comes down to it. Robinho was man marked every week, a lot of the time double or even triple marked, yet no-one made excuses for him.

He'll be brilliant again on Saturday no doubt, let's just hope he carries it on into the next half decent team we play.

conormcfc said:
Hmm, I think there may be a little more than a hint of truth in what the OP has said. I don't think he has performed for us in a big game as of yet. He gave the ball away a good few times last night.

People are making excuses for him, saying that he's being man marked out of games. So what? If he's that good then surely he should still be producing when it comes down to it. Robinho was man marked every week, a lot of the time double or even triple marked, yet no-one made excuses for him.

He'll be brilliant again on Saturday no doubt, let's just hope he carries it on into the next half decent team we play.

Which is why i laugh when some of your fans say that he is better than Iniesta and Xavi.

I mean Iniesta has done it as the very highest level, world cup final and CL final. Silva hasn't. Like you said, great player but never seen him step up and influence a game against one of the big guns.

conormcfc said:

20 pages and finally someone agrees with me.

~ Chelsea said:
Blue Haze said:
They ganged up on him. Had no space whatsoever.

There was one time when he got the ball and two men came at him from the front and one from the back.

Clubs are figuring us out. Stop Silva and stop City.

Yep, Everton managed it for 88 minutes or so.

This is what I thought we bought Nasri for... but he goes missing for LONG stretches of the game and I forget he is even in

He gets crowded out by the opposition defence a lot these days. People used to consider Tevez to be the one they need to get a hold of , and that meant Silva went undetected about his business. The OP to an extent is correct , but at the end of the day not every game is against a big team , the majority are against teams that Silva will have a field day against. But I am pretty sure in the very near future he will turn up against one of europes big boys and tear them apart.

Silva started played well in the first half but no player can do it all on his own especially against a team like Bayern. Its about time this season that Ya Ya, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero came to the fore in the big games.

Silva is not beyond criticism but he was the best of a bad bunch so far as our attack was concerned last night.

Revolver said:
Silva started played well in the first half but no player can do it all on his own especially against a team like Bayern. Its about time this season that Ya Ya, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero came to the fore in the big games.

Silva is not beyond criticism but he was the best of a bad bunch so far as our attack was concerned last night.

Ye we get this.

But looking over their careers Yaya got both Wembley goals, Nasri 3 assists away at Spurs (Including the opening two), Dzeko scored the opening two goals away at Spurs, Aguero got the assist against Everton that opened the scoring.

Silva doesn't have a goal or assist, where he's unlocked a good organised defence (Ie when they're defending a draw or a lead), to his name yet. Then again he doesn't have an atrocious performance to his name. Maybe that's ok for you, I don't think it is.

King Geedorah said:
Revolver said:

Ye we get this.

But looking over their careers Yaya got both Wembley goals, Nasri 3 assists away at Spurs (Including the opening two), Dzeko scored the opening two goals away at Spurs, Aguero got the assist against Everton that opened the scoring.

Silva doesn't have a goal or assist, where he's unlocked a good organised defence (Ie when they're defending a draw or a lead), to his name yet. Then again he doesn't have an atrocious performance to his name. Maybe that's ok for you, I don't think it is.

Of the top of my head I remember Silva being involved in Dzeko's goal versus Blackburn last season as well as Ya Yas goal in the Cup Final. I am not head of Silva's fan club and he has bad games but in big games he needs others to come to the fore as well. Ya Ya hasn't been brilliant this season, Dzeko and Nasri are still living off their Spurs performance and Aguero was anonymous last night. Not slagging of these players as they are not machine and will below par from time to time. Last night Silva was the best offensive player I thought and if the ref had given that penalty he would have had an assist.

King Geedorah said:
Revolver said:

Ye we get this.

Your such a bad poster!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.