David Silva

King Geedorah said:
brian the blue said:
Well considering he scored the opener against Bolton away, as well as set up Aguero for the first against Fulham and the first against Wigan suggests he contributes to goals when we're at 0-0. (We haven't been behind in a PL game yet so we can't comment on that).

Bolton, Fulham and Wigan do not have good organised defences.

City Raider said:
erm...Everton...?

Unorganised defence because they were looking for an equaliser.

It's clearly only a "good assist" when you declare that it is.

He would walk into any Prem side and start every game. People forget just how hard working he is. When he's being man marked and crowded out he doesn't go missing. He's still there tracking back, making tackles and interceptions and even on a bad day he's always capable of making a game changing pass.
He proved against Everton that even when he's been kicked and crowded out of the game for virtually the whole match, he never gave up and just a moment of sheer brilliance was enough to guarantee us the points. The man is genuinely world class, a joy to watch and the best player we've had since Bell.
People knocking him should take their heads for a wobble and have a lie down.

King Geedorah said:
brian the blue said:
Well considering he scored the opener against Bolton away, as well as set up Aguero for the first against Fulham and the first against Wigan suggests he contributes to goals when we're at 0-0. (We haven't been behind in a PL game yet so we can't comment on that).

Bolton, Fulham and Wigan do not have good organised defences.

City Raider said:
erm...Everton...?

Unorganised defence because they were looking for an equaliser.

what a crock of shit! now i know you're either on a wind up or totally clueless, either way i ain't indulging you after this

the ball was played across the middle of the park with the entire everton back 4 in place, a back four we had only beat with a deflected shot from outside the box - we had not managed to open them up

so what does silva do? panic? try to take it on his own? no, firstly he shows composure, holding it up, buying time and keeping both centre halves occupied, then threads it through the smallest of gaps - taking all defenders out of the equation and milner doesn't have to break stride

quality assist against a well organised defence - you're embarrassing yourself

assists.png

King Geedorah said:
br55 said:
So when is he going to perform against an organised defence and tough opposition. The OP just seems too eager to criticise this brilliant player so early in the season considering that we have not even played United, Chelsea, Arsenal or even Liverpool yet. I get the feeling that he is actually hoping Silva has a bad game against the so called 'big boys' just to make himself look good.

For me, he is a joy to watch and has made my matchday experience so much more enjoyable.

I can understand why you think that, but my persistence mainly comes from the amount of abuse I've had. I've said many times I would love for him to prove me wrong.
He has

King Geedorah said:
br55 said:
So when is he going to perform against an organised defence and tough opposition. The OP just seems too eager to criticise this brilliant player so early in the season considering that we have not even played United, Chelsea, Arsenal or even Liverpool yet. I get the feeling that he is actually hoping Silva has a bad game against the so called 'big boys' just to make himself look good.

For me, he is a joy to watch and has made my matchday experience so much more enjoyable.

I can understand why you think that, but my persistence mainly comes from the amount of abuse I've had. I've said many times I would love for him to prove me wrong.

I can understand the Forums persistence at giving you the amount of abuse you've had. its the result of you making an idiot of yourself....vicious circle....

stony said:
He would walk into any Prem side and start every game. People forget just how hard working he is. When he's being man marked and crowded out he doesn't go missing. He's still there tracking back, making tackles and interceptions and even on a bad day he's always capable of making a game changing pass.
He proved against Everton that even when he's been kicked and crowded out of the game for virtually the whole match, he never gave up and just a moment of sheer brilliance was enough to guarantee us the points. The man is genuinely world class, a joy to watch and the best player we've had since Bell.

You are right. That moment against Everton completely summed up the guy. Got bullied, beaten, kicked and man marked by at least 1 player the entire game, he has 5 seconds on the ball with 10 minutes to go and killed the game off with that pass. It is that kind of thing that is the difference between being good and being really good.

stony said:

Can't argue with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.