David Silva

i think the reason he's not being rested is that there's no point. He clearly has an injury but i reckon it's something that needs to be operated on. However it's probably one of those injuries where it won't get any worse through playing and wont get better through just resting.

wireblue said:
i think the reason he's not being rested is that there's no point. He clearly has an injury but i reckon it's something that needs to be operated on. However it's probably one of those injuries where it won't get any worse through playing and wont get better through just resting.
You are obviously not in the medical profession. Whatever the nature of his injury, there is always a major risk that it will be aggravated if he continues to play. A team of mindless thugs like Stoke will target him, so much better to give him a rest, especially as Nasri has regained some form and we also have Tevez and Pizarro in reserve.

lionheart said:
wireblue said:
You are obviously not in the medical profession. Whatever the nature of his injury, there is always a major risk that it will be aggravated if he continues to play. A team of mindless thugs like Stoke will target him, so much better to give him a rest, especially as Nasri has regained some form and we also have Tevez and Pizarro in reserve.

It happens many, many times that a player will play through an injury until the end of the season because an operation is needed to cure it - rest alone will not solve the problem. Choice is give him an operation now and don't have him available or allow him to continue to play with it.

wireblue said:
lionheart said:
wireblue said:

It happens many, many times that a player will play through an injury until the end of the season because an operation is needed to cure it - rest alone will not solve the problem. Choice is give him an operation now and don't have him available or allow him to continue to play with it.

Exactly like Kompany and his broken toe a few years back... Wasn't as bad as it seemed played on then was injured for 2-3 months... Not worth it in my eyes, at least a rest will let him evaluate the severity of the injury (if it's still bothering him after a week and a half then it could be serious) the more he plays on it the more he'll just think the pain is due to excessive strain...

Can't believe I'm saying this but he should be replaced by Milner on Saturday. Barry for De Jong too and probably even Dzeko for Balotelli. That way we'll be good defending set-pieces

My fear is that he plays through the Euros with the ankle, gets it operated on after, and misses a chunk of the beginning of next season. He has been poor lately and it's very concerning.

For some reason DS has stopped holding onto the ball and looking for those killer passes he was making for fun earlier in the season.

He seems to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it - usually a short backwards pass.

Maybe he's getting pissed off with all the lumps being kicked out of him by the likes of Mirelees and getting no protection from refs (like Clattengburg!)

Can't say I don't blame him and maybe we were a bit spoiled before!<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm --<br /><br />For some reason DS has stopped holding onto the ball and looking for those killer passes he was making for fun earlier in the season.

He seems to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it - usually a short backwards pass.

Maybe he's getting pissed off with all the lumps being kicked out of him by the likes of Mirelees and getting no protection from refs (like Clattengburg!)

Can't say I don't blame him and maybe we were a bit spoiled before!

If he is playing with an injury then why is he always mentioned in the training reports?

He looks tired and has a major lack of confidence.

1 goal in 18, no open play assist since Spurs on the 22nd Jan, not seen him run a game since before Christmas.

A half fit, low morale Silva is still better than the average player but i want a fully fit, full of confidence Silva for the run in.

I'd leave him out against Stoke altogether and put him on the bench v Sunderland.

rnblade said:
can we afford to rest him?? teams shit themselves when they see his name on a team sheet and spend the whole game trying to kick lumps out of him or crowd him out.
play him for a half to unsettle opposition. then use Milner/Tevez to inject some more pace.
the little guy IMHO could do with a couple of games off and see if this niggle subsides. no point running him into the ground and then, when we need him the most he's injured. we defo have the talent in the squad to work around this.

Totally agree with this, even a half fit silva doing first half will take 2 of there players out of the game.

lets get the momentum going and maybe a goal or two then sub him.

For me the lad should be given a medal for getting us where we are today not criticised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.