David Silva

Silva's passing was very off today but he put in a good shift defensively, winning the ball back quite a few times. I was shocked though when Dzeko got hauled off for Tevez, it just had to be either Silva & his bad passing or Aguero & his touch that hasn't quite returned after his month off

South Stander said:
Silva's passing was very off today but he put in a good shift defensively, winning the ball back quite a few times. I was shocked though when Dzeko got hauled off for Tevez, it just had to be either Silva & his bad passing or Aguero & his touch that hasn't quite returned after his month off

The only time it counted he didn't tracked back after that he lost the ball, it has cost us 2 points.

Looks in need of being rested for a couple of weeks, it just isn't quite coming off for him at the moment. Great corner for the goal though

I don't really think any of the midfielders truly performed today , and we were pretty fortunate to get away with it in the first half ...... David Silva tried , but his passing was woeful , and he's certainly nowhere near his best form at the moment.

Trouble is when you are playing the standard of oppostion that we faced today , who appear to have improved defensively on recent seasons , you aren't really gonna get too many clear cut chances .... and Arsenal were quick to cut out anything that David Silva attempted to do.

Silva was wasteful today, but so was half the team. We were playing an in-form Arsenal side that are very well organised at the moment and fair play to them, they deserved the point.

I'm a lot more worried about Mancini after today to be honest. Why take Dzeko off when he's just starting to show his true form? At times he was unplayable, his first touch today was impeccable and almost scored an amazing goal... what more do you want? You could see on his face when he was walking off that he couldn't believe it. For his recent performances and bearing in mind Aguero's fitness levels he is our first choice striker at the moment, Balotelli being fourth, and i'm not even a Balotelli hater.

Two points dropped today, and it was the whole team's fault, mainly the manager.

We have Villa up next at home in the league cup, let's put three past them and get our winning mentality back, our morale seems pretty low.

He was playing through balls that weren't really on, like he felt he was expected to try them, more in hope that expectation. I think he needs to take a step back a little, play a bit simpler, get more touches and more involved. A bit more short pass and move, rather than trying the killer ball so much.

In fact as a whole i think we're rushing things too much when we get up the pitch, like we're so used to cutting teams apart we don't need to build and craft moves any more. More movement, more passes, drag players out of position and then the gaps will come for Silva to play the through ball.

pee dubya said:
He was playing through balls that weren't really on, like he felt he was expected to try them, more in hope that expectation. I think he needs to take a step back a little, play a bit simpler, get more touches and more involved. A bit more short pass and move, rather than trying the killer ball so much.

In fact as a whole i think we're rushing things too much when we get up the pitch, like we're so used to cutting teams apart we don't need to build and craft moves any more. More movement, more passes, drag players out of position and then the gaps will come for Silva to play the through ball.
100% spot on.

pee dubya said:

Totally agree
Pee Dubya for manager! Pee Dubya for manager! Pee Dubya for manager!

I'm sure the attack that led to Arsenals goal came from a mistake from Silva. It's painful to see him in such poor form and his timing seems to have deserted him but he will hit form because he's a class player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.