David Silva

With Silva forever out of form and Nasri injured, I'm not sure where our creativity is going to come from. Our full-backs no longer "bomb forward" much and when they do it's with limited results. We have one proper winger in the 25-man squad and while he is talented, isn't a game-changing winger in the Di Maria/Bale/Robben mold. So we rely on our playmakers and the perfect passes through the middle a lot. Without Silva or Nasri proving them we're going to struggle... maybe Denis Suarez can earn an early promotion if he does well against Villa?

NathanC said:
Did he even get one pass through? Form is very very down.

he works within very thin margins, very thin. they either come off which are then genius or they fail and its frustrating. i'll always accept that of him.

LoveCity said:
With Silva forever out of form and Nasri injured, I'm not sure where our creativity is going to come from. Our full-backs no longer "bomb forward" much and when they do it's with limited results.
This has been possibly our biggest problem this season. Our pressing has been well off. Our full-backs not pushing opposing wide men back has contributed massively to this.

Was really shocked when Mancini took Dzeko off, who was one of our best players and let Silva on who in my opinion was shocking again.

He created 5 goalscoring chances today and was unlucky with some of his probing passes.

Per Mertesacker had the most interceptions of any player so far this season today and it was mainly due to him telegraphing Silva's probing passes.

Thought David defended well today to.

Didn't he start last season in a very similar vein - took a few matches to really get going? I have this recollection of people bitching about him not being worth the money and then having to eat their words.

geoffchall said:
Didn't he start last season in a very similar vein - took a few matches to really get going? I have this recollection of people bitching about him not being worth the money and then having to eat their words.
No, I don't think he did...I remember him being utterly brilliant this time last year.
Although, I heard a similar suggestion today.

LHarper said:
He created 5 goalscoring chances today and was unlucky with some of his probing passes.

Per Mertesacker had the most interceptions of any player so far this season today and it was mainly due to him telegraphing Silva's probing passes.

Thought David defended well today to.

Per Mertesacker was excellant today and looks a better defender than vermalean(sp) has recently, did n't help with Barry on the bench and Nasri out we need players who know the system to work the space play the patient approach and stop the oppo from playing their game return of Maicon and MR will also help, AK is useful as well but was n't going to play today as Clichy was needed to deal with any player with pace.

WEMBLEY76 said:
Hate to say it,but he needs a 2 week rest,played in Euros and it's telling on him.
at last some sense we should pack him of to his island in the sun for a rest , we do not need to start to get on his back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.