David Silva

Most chances created this season: Silva 70, Tevez 46, Yaya 37, Nasri 36, Aguero 31.

Says it all when Silva's companion playmaker creates less chances than a central midfielder and Tevez. Silva is doing a fantastic job but needs more support.

LoveCity said:
Most chances created this season: Silva 70, Tevez 46, Yaya 37, Nasri 36, Aguero 31.

Says it all when Silva's companion playmaker creates less chances than a central midfielder and Tevez. Silva is doing a fantastic job but needs more support.

I'm not a fan of stats,however,they back up what exactly what one of our main problems is,a lack of creativity in the side.

Mancini's fixation with defensive midfielders,along with a singular style of play,is a major reason for our regression.

Some choose to entirely blame the strikers though.......

Cannot believe this thread. In 20+ years of watching City David Silva is without exception the single most technically gifted payer I have ever had the fortune to watch in a blue shirt. His work-rate is exception, his awareness world class and his passing sublime.
He is the player we should build our team around.
So many of this seasons problems have been put down to selling decent players and replacing them with lesser talents. If we were to sell, who could possibly replace him?

No offer would be high enough for me to want to see him go. Have you seen us without him? We have no spark and are a shadow of what we can be.

As i said earlier back on this thread - It is just laughable to even contemplate selling Silva, let alone swap him for Modric who is shite in comparison.

And those that do...can go take a long walk.

bluegirl74 said:
Cannot believe this thread. In 20+ years of watching City David Silva is without exception the single most technically gifted payer I have ever had the fortune to watch in a blue shirt. His work-rate is exception, his awareness world class and his passing sublime.
He is the player we should build our team around.
So many of this seasons problems have been put down to selling decent players and replacing them with lesser talents. If we were to sell, who could possibly replace him?

No offer would be high enough for me to want to see him go. Have you seen us without him? We have no spark and are a shadow of what we can be.

^this.

I think the OP has a fair point. I don't agree, I think he still has a lot to offer us even though he isn't the most consistent of players. And as someone has said earlier in the thread, you need to keep the back bone of the team, and with the possibility of a good few faces leaving in the summer, Silva is one that we need to stay.
But form those ridiculing the thread, I think it's a good question, and that the idea is open for debate.

If anyone thinks letting David Silva go in any way is up for debate then they should either question what they know about football or go watch another sport. David Silva even plaving below his best dictates a game and is one of the best players in the league. What he does have in his locker as per today he ALWAYS turns up for a big game. As previous post mentioned we should build our team around him.

When Silva plays well City play well. He's not been at his best this season but for me his performances have still been better than the darlings of Aguero and Yaya this season. For me those 2 have been far more infuriating than Silva.

The players at our club who should not be sold for any price are:
Hart
Kompany
Zabaleta
Yaya
Silva
Aguero.

Was even our ball winner today.
Idiots near to me slagging him saying his worst game in our shirt. Unbelievable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.