David Silva

MSP said:
Akira said:
Matt.D said:
Totally disagree. You could get all the playmakers in the world, but as good and important as he is to us Aguero is never going to be a clinical goalscorer. In terms of the attack we need a winger with pace & end product and a striker who scores more than he misses.

Baffling...

It is things like this that makes me wonder if people are actually watching football or just weren't watching City before we were champions.

He didn't say lot of wrong. Aguero never was clinical striker and the amount of goals he scored compared with ones he played show that, nowhere near most clinical strikers. His last season was probably the best for him in that department but it looks he's back to his usual stats this season.

He's still young though but no, he is not very clinical striker as much as you want to close your eyes on that. He is missing tooo many chances to be considered as very clinical goalscorer. He is way better footballer than Falcao and Cavani are but both of them are probably (Falcao certainly) more clinical.

Exactly. There is a lot of clowns on this forum with blue tinted specs. I never said we should sell Aguero i put him on the list of players we should never sell and I stated his importance to us.

People can dress it up whichever way they like, but he is not a clinical goal scorer. He is very similar to Suarez with his finishing in that they both miss probably 3 very good chances for every 1 they score. The Chelsea game is only one example, but Aguero missed 3 very good chances.

Last season he scored 30 goals and you can never argue with that, but I honestly believe he could of scored over 40 with some very good chances he missed. As much as he's a rag, Neville said that Aguero could have bagged 45 last season.

There is a difference between being a world class striker that he is, to being a world class finisher. Aguero up front with a clinical finisher like Falcao/ Cavani would be perfect for us.

Matt.D said:
Exactly. There is a lot of clowns on this forum with blue tinted specs. I never said we should sell Aguero i put him on the list of players we should never sell and I stated his importance to us.

People can dress it up whichever way they like, but he is not a clinical goal scorer. He is very similar to Suarez with his finishing in that they both miss probably 3 very good chances for every 1 they score. The Chelsea game is only one example, but Aguero missed 3 very good chances.

Last season he scored 30 goals and you can never argue with that, but I honestly believe he could of scored over 40 with some very good chances he missed. As much as he's a rag, Neville said that Aguero could have bagged 45 last season.

There is a difference between being a world class striker that he is, to being a world class finisher. Aguero up front with a clinical finisher like Falcao/ Cavani would be perfect for us.
Tbf, finishing COULD be trained out. Aguero's strengths doesn't lie in finishing, but it could be if more work was put into it. Aguero's ability, as stated once, by Neville, is his positional sense.

I understand where you are coming from, nevertheless, I believe Aguero has what it takes to be a clinical finisher. There are evidences from last season that show that Aguero has the ability to be a superb finisher. If anything, I attribute it to a loss of confidence for this season.

Why has this thread suddenly shifted from discussing Silva to Aguero? As for the former, those of you who rate Mata higher than Silva are delusional. Both players have gone on record as wanting to stay at City, so why destabilise their respective situations by discussing media reports which have no genuine foundation? The only players we need to let go are those who lack both the talent and desire to succeed at this football club.

Matt.D said:
MSP said:
Akira said:
Baffling...

It is things like this that makes me wonder if people are actually watching football or just weren't watching City before we were champions.

He didn't say lot of wrong. Aguero never was clinical striker and the amount of goals he scored compared with ones he played show that, nowhere near most clinical strikers. His last season was probably the best for him in that department but it looks he's back to his usual stats this season.

He's still young though but no, he is not very clinical striker as much as you want to close your eyes on that. He is missing tooo many chances to be considered as very clinical goalscorer. He is way better footballer than Falcao and Cavani are but both of them are probably (Falcao certainly) more clinical.

I've always thought that Aguero is wasted playing as the main striker or the focal point of our attack. He plays a lot better playing off a striker where he can run in from deep and attack any loose balls.

IMO Mario was the one we should have built our attack around as he is a proper number 9. The runs he made and the intelligence of him play is up the with the best strikers in the world and its just sad that we rarely seen him play as the main striker when he was here.

Balo and Kun could have been the most prolific strike pair in the world if we could have found the right balance. The most baffling thing is that when we signed Mario he was a number 9 type striker and when we signed Kun he was more like a Tevez or Rooney, I mean someone who played off the attacker like he did with Forlan.

But when they come here we switched their roles and played Kun as the main man and Mario out wide at times.

I still agree that whilst Aguero is one of the best players at our club and we would be a lot worse off of we lost him. We all know he can score a lot more goals. Last season although he got 30 goals he missed a shit loads of easy chances, the one at Wigan springs to mind. And this season he is missing a lot of crucial chances. IMO if Aguero had been playing as a number 10 all season then we wouldn't be criticising him at all but when playing as the main man we cannot afford to squander the amount of chances he does.

RVP, Falcao and Cavani are clinical sadly Kun is not and that is why we need another top striker or adapt our system.

lionheart said:
Why has this thread suddenly shifted from discussing Silva to Aguero? As for the former, those of you who rate Mata higher than Silva are delusional. Both players have gone on record as wanting to stay at City, so why destabilise their respective situations by discussing media reports which have no genuine foundation? The only players we need to let go are those who lack both the talent and desire to succeed at this football club.
do chelsea know mata wants to stay at city ;).

blinkblue said:
ban-mcfc said:
Back in late 2011 teams were actually trying to play against us, as in not putting 10 men behind the ball, thus allowing silva room to thread his accurate through balls.

Since napoli away everyones realised the best way to play against us is to soak up the pressure and hit us on the break with pace so now silva struggles for room.

Hes still just as good and when we played madrid, who didnt stick 10 men behind the ball and attacked us all game he was the best on the pitch, even better than Ronaldo.

Would i sell him??? Fuck no!

Which is why one or two pacey wide players to stretch the play and create that space would be ideal.

exactly. i think we will go for 2 wingers in the summer.

ban-mcfc said:
blinkblue said:
ban-mcfc said:
Back in late 2011 teams were actually trying to play against us, as in not putting 10 men behind the ball, thus allowing silva room to thread his accurate through balls.

Since napoli away everyones realised the best way to play against us is to soak up the pressure and hit us on the break with pace so now silva struggles for room.

Hes still just as good and when we played madrid, who didnt stick 10 men behind the ball and attacked us all game he was the best on the pitch, even better than Ronaldo.

Would i sell him??? Fuck no!

Which is why one or two pacey wide players to stretch the play and create that space would be ideal.

If we could get 2 defensively sound wingers capable of executing the high press we could drop Silva into a 3 man midfield with Yaya and an enforcer. I do believe the next evolution of this team is inevitably drop a striker for wide play.

alky313 said:
ban-mcfc said:
blinkblue said:

If we could get 2 defensively sound wingers capable of executing the high press we could drop Silva into a 3 man midfield with Yaya and an enforcer. I do believe the next evolution of this team is inevitably drop a striker for wide play.

Firstly it was amazing to watch Silva in the Madrid game when he actually had a little space because of the confidence of Madrid that they could actually play football against us. I reckon it was close to being the best I have ever seen him play. He made most of the Madrid players look second rate.

So logic says we need to open up the field as much as possible against the parked bus. Fast wide men would force the defenders to commit, and then hopefully open up space for Merlin. I like the idea of dropping a striker and changing the focus of the attack. Perhaps we are in for Isco. Who knows?

David Silva has been carrying an almighty responsibility on his slight shoulders. He deserves primary consideration when the team is restructured. He needs more support in the form of other creative players. Lets hope that this happens this summer.

jollylescott said:
alky313 said:
ban-mcfc said:

Firstly it was amazing to watch Silva in the Madrid game when he actually had a little space because of the confidence of Madrid that they could actually play football against us. I reckon it was close to being the best I have ever seen him play. He made most of the Madrid players look second rate.

So logic says we need to open up the field as much as possible against the parked bus. Fast wide men would force the defenders to commit, and then hopefully open up space for Merlin. I like the idea of dropping a striker and changing the focus of the attack. Perhaps we are in for Isco. Who knows?

David Silva has been carrying an almighty responsibility on his slight shoulders. He deserves primary consideration when the team is restructured. He needs more support in the form of other creative players. Lets hope that this happens this summer.

It all depends on who they are. This is a top post. We need wingers capable of switching off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.