David Silva

Joehannes said:
^^As above^^

Do you know where I could find chances created stats, LC?

I can't find a proper list but saw this, which has Silva in 4th (it's from February): <a class="postlink" href="http://www.footyplace.com/features/baines-suarez-cazorla-and-mata-among-prems-most-creative/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footyplace.com/features/bain ... -creative/</a>

Ta. So according to that, of all the playmakers in the Premier League, Dave has created the most chances. I'd rather he be above likes of Suarez and Baines but hey, when you build a system around a player or play a game that suits a player perfectly...

I think Ozil is in Silva's league. Gotze probably not yet but is incredible for his age. Mata isn't as good as Silva.

Reminded me of this image about Ozil.

450_911.jpg

LoveCity said:
I think Ozil is in Silva's league. Gotze probably not yet but is incredible for his age. Mata isn't as good as Silva.

450_911.jpg
Silva lacks goals and mata has something like 12 goals had this debate at work they were sayin mata is better all round player.....

bluemcr said:
LoveCity said:

450_911.jpg
Silva lacks goals and mata has something like 12 goals had this debate at work they were sayin mata is better all round player.....

They're wrong. Very, very, wrong.

Davs 19 said:
mcfc2607 said:
kun said:
Ozil, Gotze and Mata spring to mind
them 3 arent in dave's league. the only players who could replace dave is xavi and iniesta. Thats it.

Absolutely bang on the money.

And Xavi couldn't really replace him as he plays in a very different way and from much deeper.

For me, only Iniesta could replace him and be a genuine upgrade. And as we would, almost certainly, never sign Iniesta, that makes Silva irreplaceable in my book.

Davs 19 said:
bluemcr said:
LoveCity said:

450_911.jpg

They're wrong. Very, very, wrong.

In my view only Iniesta is competition. Ozil is not as strong in recovering possession as David can be. Yes, Mata has more goals but I don't think his overall midfield play is as good. Gotze not yet in relation to some of the passing and playmaking.

'Silva lacks goals and mata has something like 12 goals had this debate at work they were sayin mata is better all round player.....'

Yes, so good, in fact, the current World and European champions pick Silva every time while Mata - a fine player, no doubt - sits on the sidelines. Surely us v Chelsea put this to bed. David bossed Mata that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.