David Silva

lionheart said:
Why has this thread suddenly shifted from discussing Silva to Aguero? As for the former, those of you who rate Mata higher than Silva are delusional. Both players have gone on record as wanting to stay at City, so why destabilise their respective situations by discussing media reports which have no genuine foundation? The only players we need to let go are those who lack both the talent and desire to succeed at this football club.

Here's a snippet from the OS today: We begin with TalkSport, who reckon City are planning a double swoop for Roma duo Erik Lamela and Miralem Pjanic.

The website reports: “With David Silva failing to reach the heights of last season and Samir Nasri unable to recapture his Arsenal form, Roberto Mancini is on the hunt for new attacking midfielders to provide the spark behind Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero

I think TalkShite have seen Silva's most ineffective match this season and filled more column inches on their website with the usual horseshit!

We will be going backwards if we let Silva go. We're supposed to be be building every season not selling our best players.

It would be nice to have a rich club overpaying for one of OUR players for once, rather than the other way around.
I'd take anything more than £35m or they could give us some money plus Benzema, Higuain, DiMaria, Alonso.

mgreenz97 said:
It would be nice to have a rich club overpaying for one of OUR players for once, rather than the other way around.
I'd take anything more than £35m or they could give us some money plus Benzema, Higuain, DiMaria, Alonso.

So if we sold David for 35mil, how would you replace what he brings to the team without weakening us with that money? Or rather strengthening us as there would be no point in selling a fantastic player if it didn't make us stronger.

Blue Moomin said:
We will be going backwards if we let Silva go. We're supposed to be be building every season not selling our best players.
I honestly cannot see any reasonable argument to even consider the possibility of selling one of our Crown Jewels. We need to bolster the team to help David, not sell one of the most magical players who has ever put on a City shirt.

Matt the Giant said:
mgreenz97 said:

So if we sold David for 35mil, how would you replace what he brings to the team without weakening us with that money? Or rather strengthening us as there would be no point in selling a fantastic player if it didn't make us stronger.

Okay £35m was definitely not enough, but I stand by my point.
I'm not sure who could replace him, but he could be replaced.
I don't like admitting it, and I love him (so don't think I'm saying this because I don't like him), but at the end of the day he's worth a certain amount to the club and if that price is paid then he'll be allowed to leave.

de niro said:
Matt.D said:
cordonbleu said:
Because he is the only player we have that is a proper playmaker.
We don't have to get another big name striker, we need a decent creative playmaker in Silva's mould.

Totally disagree. You could get all the playmakers in the world, but as good and important as he is to us Aguero is never going to be a clinical goalscorer. In terms of the attack we need a winger with pace & end product and a striker who scores more than he misses.

mark my words the day aguero leaves our club we'll be in a poorer place.

awesome player.

Agree - one of the top handful of strikers in the world.

As for Silva, simple - irreplaceable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.