David Silva

Matt the Giant said:
Again Real Madrid has made their interest in him known, and would an offer come in I'm 100% sure David would listen to it. That's not saying he hates the UK and Manchester, just that he prefers Spain and Madrid. Nothing wrong with that.

Let's be honest here, and for a moment take off the blue-tinted glasses: David hasn't exactly been that magical this season has he? In fact, it's over a year now since he was in that "magical" form which made everyone in football place him amongst the best players in the world. That he was for a few months back in the late 2011 but not anywhere near that kind of status it since then.

So what we have to ask ourselves is; Is it likely that he will once again reach that level of quality here with us, or do we use this potential golden opportunity to make a lot of money and sell him to Real?

I really really can't emphasize enough how much like the man, but... he's simply not that good anymore.
He's behind the likes of Bryan Ruiz, Maloney and Lennon is the assist league and has only three goals.

Could we really afford to turn down a 30mil offer for him? And should we?

I'm beginning to think we can do better for that kind of money, but it honestly hurts me to say so.

ffs , this is getting beyond belief now.

de niro said:
Matt the Giant said:
Again Real Madrid has made their interest in him known, and would an offer come in I'm 100% sure David would listen to it. That's not saying he hates the UK and Manchester, just that he prefers Spain and Madrid. Nothing wrong with that.

Let's be honest here, and for a moment take off the blue-tinted glasses: David hasn't exactly been that magical this season has he? In fact, it's over a year now since he was in that "magical" form which made everyone in football place him amongst the best players in the world. That he was for a few months back in the late 2011 but not anywhere near that kind of status it since then.

So what we have to ask ourselves is; Is it likely that he will once again reach that level of quality here with us, or do we use this potential golden opportunity to make a lot of money and sell him to Real?

I really really can't emphasize enough how much like the man, but... he's simply not that good anymore.
He's behind the likes of Bryan Ruiz, Maloney and Lennon is the assist league and has only three goals.

Could we really afford to turn down a 30mil offer for him? And should we?

I'm beginning to think we can do better for that kind of money, but it honestly hurts me to say so.

ffs , this is getting beyond belief now.
It's a joke isn't it.

Alarming how little people know about football. Spain manager has seen it for years and picked him over likes over Mata and Carzola. Nolan probably gets more goals if some of you who cluelessly suggest its all about stats.....

ManCitizens. said:
Matt the Giant said:
mcfc2607 said:
It's a joke isn't it.

What? That Madrid could come in with an offer for Silva?

He signed a new contract about 3 months ago you fool.

Me a fool?
You're suggesting no way Madrid would go ahead with an offer knowing that Silva recently signed a contract extension, out of respect right?

Why would we sell our most talented player?
He would probably be the last player who I would be looking to shift.

Matt the Giant said:
ElanJo said:
Yep, sell our best player.

Best players this season are Zabaleta, Clichy and Milner. We're talking about Silva here.

Not really relevant. Zab has walked away with POTY this season but part of that is down to how poorly we have been as a whole team going forward.

Every player in the PL playing at their optimum, Silva is the best player iin the league, nevermind at City.

You don't sell your best players unless you get offered stupid money or they ask for a transfer. I'd sell Silva if someone offered in the region of 60m but that's not going to happen.

This team should be built around David Silva.

In Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero we have a CL winning team - a team in the mold of Barca, not the way Chelsea did it- with the right vision tactically and in the transfer market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.