David Silva

EricBrooksGhost said:
Joehannes said:
Matt the Giant said:
Best players this season are Zabaleta, Clichy and Milner. We're talking about Silva here.
How many league games has Milner played all season? Had a very good January QPR aside but can't remember him putting in any performances of note outside of Jana nd Liverpool last week.
IIRC he when he finally got games this season he got injured, came back and got injured again. Only now has he started to get regular games.
Not knocking him, just saying he hasn't played enough to be considered one of our players of the season, in my opinion.

Joehannes said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Joehannes said:
How many league games has Milner played all season? Had a very good January QPR aside but can't remember him putting in any performances of note outside of Jana nd Liverpool last week.
IIRC he when he finally got games this season he got injured, came back and got injured again. Only now has he started to get regular games.
Not knocking him, just saying he hasn't played enough to be considered one of our players of the season, in my opinion.

Fair comment Joe.
But his attitude is just so spot on every time he does play.

If Silva went we would be going massively backward. He always gives his all and without him as someone else has pointed out are creativity would be nil. Recently in a Poll 77% of Real Madrid fans voted for Silva as most desired transfer target in the summer. Talents like Silva are few and far between. Modric isnt the same type of player and is light years behind him, even Ozil is miles behind. If Silva came on the market clubs would be queing for a yop class talent. Milner, Zabaletta, Clichy etc may have been our best players recently but yhey would struggle to get a game for Barca/Real, Silva wouldnt.

Matt the Giant said:
Joehannes said:
EricBrooksGhost said:

Fair comment Joe.
But his attitude is just so spot on every time he does play.
I agree, despite him not being played in his favourite position. Nasri could take note.

We need a song for Merlin. We have a song for every other important player but correct me if Im wrong but I can't remember when we've sung for Silva?

What if he wonders why we haven't got a song for him and we have one for everyone else? ha

Im sure if we sang his name he'd want to stay that little bit more (maybe). He deserves one anyway, that's my point.

ForzaMancini said:
Silva is a fantastic player but unfortunately he lacks the consistent end product of someone like Mata and as such he requires the players in front of him to be on form. When they are on form he can become the best player in the league but when they aren't, like they are now, he just looks average.

He needs another creative midfielder who can share the load. Silva must be responsible for about 80% of our creative output. When he's experience a slight drought the output shrinks alarmingly.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Fucking crazy talk to think of selling Silva
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Most creative player we have in our team and people want rid of him, who could replace him?

As far as I am aware of, no one here is saying we shouldsell David.
But... if the right offer came in would it not be the best thing? If so, - why? If not, - why? It's just a discussion, dealing with what could become very real in a few months.

And let's not condescend ourselves, even though Silva is a fantastic player, we could remain a great side even if he chose to leave. We will prevail no matter who leaves us.

Would for example this midfield/attack be weaker than our current one?

----------- Milner ------------------ Yaya ------------
-------------------------- Ozil -------------------------
(Deulofeu)----------- Aguero ------------ Schürrle

I don't think so. Deulofeu is still too young and not quite senior side regualr material, hence his name being in parentheses, but he will become so shortly. If we got let's say 32mil for Silva, that would probably cover the fee for Deulofeu (8mil) and Ozil (around 22mil). Schürrle would probably be another 15-20mil.
The names I mention here are not that important, just examples. I'm just trying to emphasize we CAN cope without Silva without having to spend a fortune doing so.

I'm playing the part of the devil's advocate in this discussion, not expressing my own wishes or hopes. But it is very possible Madrid will try to lure him back home in just a couple of months time.

So we either strengthen the sqaud to play to David's advantages, or we build a new attack, based on Kun up front... unless he also wants to go back home.

-- Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 pm --

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
ForzaMancini said:
Silva is a fantastic player but unfortunately he lacks the consistent end product of someone like Mata and as such he requires the players in front of him to be on form. When they are on form he can become the best player in the league but when they aren't, like they are now, he just looks average.

He needs another creative midfielder who can share the load. Silva must be responsible for about 80% of our creative output. When he's experience a slight drought the output shrinks alarmingly.

And as pointed out here, by LC I believe, when our strikers are out of form Silva becomes almost redundant. Not much he can do on his own as a playmaker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.