David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva - best since Bell?

I have seen numerous threads in the past talking about where the likes of Yaya and Aguero stand in terms of greatness, alongside Bell and such, all more than valid.

I would just like to state in my 30 years of watching City, I have never seen a player as good as David Silva.

I've have heard all the pros and cons, he doesn't score enough goals etc.

His performance against Barcelona the other night was the greatest, most technically perfect performance I have seen from anyone in a City shirt.

His passing, his control under pressure, his ability to take the likes of Xavi and Iniesta out of the play with a turn of his body - absolutely majestic.

At Bayern, earlier this season and twice against Madrid, he was also the stand-out player on the pitch.

Bell was before my time, but up there with the King?

Re: Silva - best since Bell?

What I like about Silva is how consistent he is, never has a bad game. he also always turns up for the big games, giving 100%. True star player, and will in the next few years reach legend status.

Silva = my favourite player,
Could be the best midfielder weve ever had, certainly in the more modern era.
Aguero the best striker too.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I have seen numerous threads in the past talking about where the likes of Yaya and Aguero stand in terms of greatness, alongside Bell and such, all more than valid.

I would just like to state in my 30 years of watching City, I have never seen a player as good as David Silva.

I've have heard all the pros and cons, he doesn't score enough goals etc.( Or unable to beat the first man when taking a corner )

His performance against Barcelona the other night was the greatest, most technically perfect performance I have seen from anyone in a City shirt.

His passing, his control under pressure, his ability to take the likes of Xavi and Iniesta out of the play with a turn of his body - absolutely majestic.

At Bayern, earlier this season and twice against Madrid, he was also the stand-out player on the pitch.

It's difficult to compare because they are different types of player.
Bell was like Gerrard at his best plus 25%.
Fair to say that both would walk into an all time City best team.
If I could only choose one it would have to be Bell........just.

No arguments from me Tolmie - like you, Bell was before my time, listening to those who saw him week in week out it though there's no doubts that Bell was special.
Silva makes it all look so easy, he finds time and space in ways that no other player in the league can and his range and speed of passing is breathtaking.
The goal scoring criticsm is warranted to a degree, but you know what, it doesn't bother me one bit - I'd rather appreciate his talents for what he does bring to the table, not what he doesn't. My favourite player of all time in a blue shirt, run close by a couple of others in our squad, but for me, he's the main man.

I love David Silva to bits but he is a totally different type of player to Colin, if you were to make a comparison with any current player the nearest would be Yaya I would guess but the King was more hard working. He had everything good in the tackle, good header, strong with both feet, aware of the team ethic and had a great engine, in short the complete player.
David is much more silky and can play those wonderful incisive eye of the needle balls. He sees a pass better than anyone, would have been a great partnership Bell & Silva. Comparisons are not really valid, just glad these two greats are Blue legends.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I've have heard all the pros and cons, he doesn't score enough goals etc.

NO,NO,NO,NO !! Sorry Tolm but The King was virtually the complete player.His strength was his stamina and I`ve never seen one player since then that could match the guy. He was the original "box to box" player.His heading ability was far greater than Davids (in fact there is no comparison) as was his pace.As a midfielder he scored far more goals that David could dream about.
He could spray a ball about the park effortlessly and see players from any direction.However for me his weakest point was his tackling,but hey we had enough of those with Oakes,Doyle,Watson etc.
Don`t get me wrong I love DS and yes his display the other night was superb.IMO Davids strength is his ability to thread a ball through a needles eye and for me he is of the best at that in world football.
Sorry if you feel I`m being a bit harsh on David,but I suppose there`s no real comparison,as two slightly different players but both have/had their considerable strengths.
I`m so glad that I have been lucky to see both players in the flesh and even more delighted that both have worn the Sky Blue shirts !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.