David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silva - best since Bell?

He's a joy to watch, I don't recall him losing the ball once against Barca. That quick turn and ball through to Negredo in the first half was out of this world.

blueyorkie said:
I love David Silva to bits but he is a totally different type of player to Colin, if you were to make a comparison with any current player the nearest would be Yaya I would guess but the King was more hard working. He had everything good in the tackle, good header, strong with both feet, aware of the team ethic and had a great engine, in short the complete player.
David is much more silky and can play those wonderful incisive eye of the needle balls. He sees a pass better than anyone, would have been a great partnership Bell & Silva. Comparisons are not really valid, just glad these two greats are Blue legends.

Sorry mate,but that was Colins weakest part of his game !!

One thing that has never really crossed my mind, and its a question I hope we never have to visit, how much is he worth?

For me he is twice the player that Ozil is he can completely control a game and isn't shy of putting his foot in when he needs to.

oakiecokie said:
blueyorkie said:
I love David Silva to bits but he is a totally different type of player to Colin, if you were to make a comparison with any current player the nearest would be Yaya I would guess but the King was more hard working. He had everything good in the tackle, good header, strong with both feet, aware of the team ethic and had a great engine, in short the complete player.
David is much more silky and can play those wonderful incisive eye of the needle balls. He sees a pass better than anyone, would have been a great partnership Bell & Silva. Comparisons are not really valid, just glad these two greats are Blue legends.

Always saw Bell as being very left footed.

chris85mcfc said:
One thing that has never really crossed my mind, and its a question I hope we never have to visit, how much is he worth?

For me he is twice the player that Ozil is he can completely control a game and isn't shy of putting his foot in when he needs to.

If we make King Colin at £100M+ compaired to Bales fee,then that would not be enough.DS now ? £50-£70-M surely.

Difficult question. David is a wonderful footballer, and I feel privileged that he is playing for us. When he first arrived, you could see his class, but his vision, his reading of the game was so far ahead of some players around him, he sometimes looked like he was mis-placing passes, or caught in indecision - truth was he was seeing things around him that other players simply couldn't see.

Now he is truly blossoming, as he now has class all around him, players to feed off his truly amazing vision and skill. I just love watching him.

But Bell is a City legend. David is getting there ;)

droylsdenblue said:
oakiecokie said:
blueyorkie said:

Always saw Bell as being very left footed.

Poor wum. ;)

oakiecokie said:
blueyorkie said:

No need for apology its all about opinions, I just feel that he was the complete package, Gerrard + 100. We're both privilged to have seen the great man.

When making comparisons with the greatest City player of all time bar none, you need to take into account the conditions the players were confronted with week in week out, Silva is a genius on the surfaces of the modern game and to be fair its hard to find a better player in his position today but if Colin Bell had played on the same surfaces, instead of the quagmires and swamps he played on virtually every week, we would not be having this conversation. Like for like with the same conditions there is only one answer.. Colin Bell (Nijinsky) The King, The Leader of Manchester City & The Greatest..!!

Has to be Yaya for me sorry. I believe history will show him to be our most significant player in modern times. Remember, according to Garry Cook, there is no Silva without Yaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.