David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silva - best since Bell?

Before everyone's time but the older guys used to say "Peter Doherty" was City's greatest player, in his day he probably was as was Colin Bell, today it could be Silva, tomorrow someone else, you can't compare players from different era's.

droylsdenblue said:
Before everyone's time but the older guys used to say "Peter Doherty" was City's greatest player, in his day he probably was as was Colin Bell, today it could be Silva, tomorrow someone else, you can't compare players from different era's.

My old man speaks highly of Doherty. I've seen Colin play live but the more I see of Yaya I think, maybe, just maybe, he's our best ever.

droylsdenblue said:

In the "Lee, Bell, Summerbee" video, Sir Joe says that The King can become City's best player since Peter Doherty.

As to the main point, the OP does ask if Merlin is the best City player SINCE Colin, though, of course, in the present squad there is some serious competition, i.e, YaYa, Sergio and Vinnie.

The late 60s and early 70s team is a bit over hyped and usually finished outside the top ten an era when it was mainly British Isles players in the 1st Division.

The current team is far more consistent and has better players all over the pitch in what is now close to a world league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.