David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silva - best since Bell?

I think Nasri is just as good at this football lark as Silva.

Both FANTASTIC players.

Yaya for me is the nearest to Bell and the most influential player this current City side has and we have a few. His one touch passing with either foot without even thinking about it under pressure or in space is sublime and a joy to watch. It's so simple yet effective, he has a deft touch sweeping the ball sideways at will or majestic long balls dropped on a penny. He drives the team forwards with either gut bursting runs or small tippy tappy triangles that dovetail with both Silva and Nasri perfectly and his goals are always important goals. he's a beats of a footballer unstopable and unplayable on his day. In our title winning season I came on here after the Newcastle home win mid season and said we would win the title and it was because watching Yaya I saw a City side for the first time ever having the ability to change tempo in mid-flow and go through the gears. It really was something to behold.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pL_eO5rlpo[/youtube]
This was probably Colin Bells greatest ever performance in a City shirt.
Semi final 1-0 down from the 1st leg against a crackin Schalke team.
He drove us on that night & was pivotal in everything we did.
Shame the vids so short it doesn't do him justice,that team should have been built on & won a lot more.
David Silva is a fantastic player & one day he might be talked about in the same way,if he stays for another 3 seasons that could happen.

bluemanc said:
Shame the vids so short it doesn't do him justice,that team should have been built on & won a lot more.
David Silva is a fantastic player & one day he might be talked about in the same way,if he stays for another 3 seasons that could happen.
Utter shite.........the only player, in the history of football, who has ever had an influence on a European semi final game is Roy Keane. Now go and take a long rest!

bluemanc said:

Great goal, just a quick shake of hands then back to the centre circle to start again.. I loved that era..!

Shaelumstash said:
Great debate this, I was actually thinking about this after the Barca game. Bell was before my time, but it seems they were very different players.

Can I just ask those that have seen both - What would Silva have to do to be remembered as our greatest ever player?

If we went on to win multiple league and European titles and he carried on at this level for another 6 or 7 years, do you think he'd be remembered as the best player ever to play for the club?

Or do you think that because Bell was such a complete player and so influential, that Silva could never achieve that greatness?

That's an easy one. The thing that separates them most is goal-scoring. If Merlin added that dimension he would be more widely recognised as one of the world's top players. (We City fans know that anyway).

The other thing of course is that Bell had a more extended City career. Contenders from the current crop need to shine for longer to dislodge him. Longevity is a key factor.

We are blessed to have Silva come here and reach his prime. Same with Toure, Kompany and Aguero.

Just think:

Silva 24M, 50-60M now
Toure 24M, 30-40M now
Aguero 37M, 60M now
Kompany 8M, 30-40M now

And they say we buy the league.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
jimbopm said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I dont think he means discipline in that way mate

Well how does he mean then?

-- Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:14 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I dont think he means discipline in that way mate

Well how does he mean then?

I cant speak for the man but he cant mean in that way because well he would just be wrong and if he does he is just wrong

I do mean it that way, yaya is always niggling, he's petulant and lucky to stay on the pitch at times. Kompany saved his bacon the other day.

sir baconface said:
Shaelumstash said:
Great debate this, I was actually thinking about this after the Barca game. Bell was before my time, but it seems they were very different players.

Can I just ask those that have seen both - What would Silva have to do to be remembered as our greatest ever player?

If we went on to win multiple league and European titles and he carried on at this level for another 6 or 7 years, do you think he'd be remembered as the best player ever to play for the club?

Or do you think that because Bell was such a complete player and so influential, that Silva could never achieve that greatness?

That's an easy one. The thing that separates them most is goal-scoring. If Merlin added that dimension he would be more widely recognised as one of the world's top players. (We City fans know that anyway).

The other thing of course is that Bell had a more extended City career. Contenders from the current crop need to shine for longer to dislodge him. Longevity is a key factor.

So would you say if Silva continues playing at this level for us for the next 5 or 6 seasons and we win important trophies in that time that he could be talked about as the greatest ever?

The season we won the FA Cup I thought Tevez had a shout of that, if he'd kept his head down and not been such a balloon. His form really dropped off last season though, while Silva has maintained the same incredible level the whole time he's been here.

Great quote from Pellegrini about Silva delivering the best through ball he's ever seen, got to say I agree.

bluemanc said:

was there that night. what a night that was. they were some side back then but we were just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.