David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silva - best since Bell?

Read the thread, Bell and Lee were my favourite players growing up, as great as Bell was, he would only get in ahead of Negredo in this side. And that's probably my heart ruling my head.

However, Aguero Yaya Silva Nasri and Bell, in my head I can see them play lol they are immense together

Blue Til Death said:
When making comparisons with the greatest City player of all time bar none, you need to take into account the conditions the players were confronted with week in week out, Silva is a genius on the surfaces of the modern game and to be fair its hard to find a better player in his position today but if Colin Bell had played on the same surfaces, instead of the quagmires and swamps he played on virtually every week, we would not be having this conversation. Like for like with the same conditions there is only one answer.. Colin Bell (Nijinsky) The King, The Leader of Manchester City & The Greatest..!!

Wouldn't the level of opponent also come in then? I'm not saying one is better than the other but at the very least the overall quality of player increase would even out the differences in playing surface.

I wouldn't swap silva for anyone in the world though. Not sure I can say that about anyone else on the team.

rick773 said:
Blue Til Death said:
When making comparisons with the greatest City player of all time bar none, you need to take into account the conditions the players were confronted with week in week out, Silva is a genius on the surfaces of the modern game and to be fair its hard to find a better player in his position today but if Colin Bell had played on the same surfaces, instead of the quagmires and swamps he played on virtually every week, we would not be having this conversation. Like for like with the same conditions there is only one answer.. Colin Bell (Nijinsky) The King, The Leader of Manchester City & The Greatest..!!

Wouldn't the level of opponent also come in then? I'm not saying one is better than the other but at the very least the overall quality of player increase would even out the differences in playing surface.

I wouldn't swap silva for anyone in the world though. Not sure I can say that about anyone else on the team.

What !! Not even Sergio ???

i wasn't aound for colin bell so only seen footage but i could cry with happiness when i see silva playing for us. his vision and execution of passes is exceptional and i love him like the brother i never had (no offence to the brother i actually have).
i was once told to spend five minutes of every match just watching silva. i do and it's amazing.

oakiecokie said:
rick773 said:
Blue Til Death said:

What !! Not even Sergio ???

Although I'd prefer to keep everyone together ,Id survive if there was a messi/Sergio swap.

The King and The Magician: it's like choosing your favourite child. I love them equally.

In the here and now, I get incredibly emotional watching David play. It's a cross between Dad ('Don't you fucking tackle my boy!') and FanBoy ('Shred those kicking you up the arse, son.')

Both players: unsurpassable.

Nice to see that from the original post the thread has expanded. I was fortunate enough to see Colin's best years as a boy and he was as good as they say and would have graced any side in the World.

All four of the players mentioned primarily in this thread; Silva, Yaya, Kun and Vinny are easily, easily the best four footballers the Club has had since then.

On the magician in particular he is as outstanding as the thread suggests and I agree with every word; - but the fact that he couldn't hit a cows arse with a Banjo stops him from being in the Worlds top 5 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.