David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silva - best since Bell?

Yes i'll give you that he's been petulant on occasion, and perhaps lucky to stay on the pitch against Norwich (given our performance I can see why he was so frustrated). However Yaya is an intelligent footballer underneath that. For all the yellow cards Yaya receives and for the position he plays in, not to have collected two in a match in his entire CAREER speaks volumes about the man.

Shaelumstash said:
sir baconface said:
Shaelumstash said:
Great debate this, I was actually thinking about this after the Barca game. Bell was before my time, but it seems they were very different players.

Can I just ask those that have seen both - What would Silva have to do to be remembered as our greatest ever player?

If we went on to win multiple league and European titles and he carried on at this level for another 6 or 7 years, do you think he'd be remembered as the best player ever to play for the club?

Or do you think that because Bell was such a complete player and so influential, that Silva could never achieve that greatness?

That's an easy one. The thing that separates them most is goal-scoring. If Merlin added that dimension he would be more widely recognised as one of the world's top players. (We City fans know that anyway).

The other thing of course is that Bell had a more extended City career. Contenders from the current crop need to shine for longer to dislodge him. Longevity is a key factor.

So would you say if Silva continues playing at this level for us for the next 5 or 6 seasons and we win important trophies in that time that he could be talked about as the greatest ever?

The season we won the FA Cup I thought Tevez had a shout of that, if he'd kept his head down and not been such a balloon. His form really dropped off last season though, while Silva has maintained the same incredible level the whole time he's been here.

Great quote from Pellegrini about Silva delivering the best through ball he's ever seen, got to say I agree.

Quite possibly, yes. I'm a big admirer.

oakiecokie said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
To me both Silva and YaYa are better than Bell ever was.

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaa.What a shit wum.

Just his opinion Oakie. I was too young to appreciate CB when he was at his peak so I've asked a few people what he was like. Most blues will say he was the best player ever to wear a blue shirt. When I asked my father-in-law who admittedly is a rag, but never missed a game home or away for over 30 years. He said he was too inconsistent, brilliant one week, average the next. Now I take that with a pinch of salt because of his loyalties, but tbf to him, he rates Kompany above both Ferdinand and Vidic at their best and thinks Aguero is the best striker in the Prem. So he isn't completely blinkered.

stony said:
oakiecokie said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
To me both Silva and YaYa are better than Bell ever was.

Just his opinion Oakie. I was too young to appreciate CB when he was at his peak so I've asked a few people what he was like. Most blues will say he was the best player ever to wear a blue shirt. When I asked my father-in-law who admittedly is a rag, but never missed a game home or away for over 30 years. He said he was too inconsistent, brilliant one week, average the next. Now I take that with a pinch of salt because of his loyalties, but tbf to him, he rates Kompany above both Ferdinand and Vidic at their best and thinks Aguero is the best striker in the Prem. So he isn't completely blinkered.

Nothing wrong with any opinion but I would expect a response like his to have said as other have done "on what I have seen".The guy could never,ever,have seen CB to make such a ridiculous claim.
As for you f-i-l mate,well he wont have a lot of positives to say about King Colin,seeing that he replaced Charlton as Englands new midfielder.For him to state he was too inconsistent is another unbelievable statement,so as you say,I`ll take his remarks with a pinch of salt seeing I went everywhere in those days,so I have some experience of how often Colin would have a poor game or at worst "average".I could count them on two hands mate.

colin bell will always be the best ever but david silva is a very very close 2nd , he is worth the admission money alone an absolute magician who would get in any club or international team in the world , Merlin is an apt nickname.

oakiecokie said:
stony said:
oakiecokie said:

Nothing wrong with any opinion but I would expect a response like his to have said as other have done "on what I have seen".The guy could never,ever,have seen CB to make such a ridiculous claim.
As for you f-i-l mate,well he wont have a lot of positives to say about King Colin,seeing that he replaced Charlton as Englands new midfielder.For him to state he was too inconsistent is another unbelievable statement,so as you say,I`ll take his remarks with a pinch of salt seeing I went everywhere in those days,so I have some experience of how often Colin would have a poor game or at worst "average".I could count them on two hands mate.

Correct. Don't know how anyone could say he was inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.